• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: April Meet n Greet and Eat with A Ride On the Side 4/12/2015

Just checked Accuweather for Blanco. Looks like rain at noon and then 3. So a good window in the to get there and back in the clear. :rider:

And in every life, alittle rain must fall.
Deluge does not count.........

Kurt, camp on Saturday, eat on Sunday. Rain rain beautiful rain[emoji28]

Porch all set up for us by my hard working wife encase it rains. Everyone can park on the concrete pad beside the Mustang if you want. Set up camp over on the fire ring side. Be there around 4:30 or so. Trying to get away early but no promises. Son out finishing up this morning. Already have sausage,sodas,chips and breakfast taken care of. See you all this evening. Watch for deer on my road and driveway they are everywhere!!!:eek2:

How many folks still going to KP's?

Red I will have 5-6 camping including you. About 20 for Q in the morning. Hope you get to make it. No need to worry about dinner or breakfast we have that covered already. Bring yourself and your ride. If the weather is bad drive down. There will be drivers as well as riders at these gatherings. Wife worked above and beyond getting everything all together. Son out right now mowing and putting on some finishing touches. You will meet some great folks and share some crazy bike stories. KP

Getting new tires & brakes put on right now. I wont leave Dallas before 2:00 if I come.

Im here. No rain hail or deluges of biblical proportion all the way from F W. Did gind one spot of mist though
66a8614db819a4f40843e324a2898dfb.jpg

Saw some nice wildflowers though. Allset up now

I think I can be counted in. I don't think anything will supersede this elevensies. Youzguyz, yes I am interested in riding along with you. Where and when do you think we should meet. - Bill

Bill, just now so your post. Sorry I didn't see it sooner. Raining here now. When it clears out a bit I will likely be heading out a bit towards Boerne to let the rain pass, then back towards Blanco. The problem is, I won't know when!

Give me a call if you still want to meet up. Sent you a PM just in case you don't have my cell.

Neal

Dang, my motorcycle broke, shifted in first took of 30 feet and i then found the gear shifter hanging down, the linkage broke,
but the good thing is it happened at home.;-)

I'm out.

Dang, my motorcycle broke, shifted in first took of 30 feet and i then found the gear shifter hanging down, the linkage broke,
but the good thing is it happened at home.;-)

I'm out.
Interesting. That doesn't look like a BMW in your avatar. ;-)

Sorry, wrong thread. :mrgreen:

KP, wife has been sick and I cannot make the ride today. Hope everyone has a good time.
Jim

Interesting. That doesn't look like a BMW in your avatar. ;-)

Sorry, wrong thread. :mrgreen:

Is that what happens usually with BMWs?

It is a 29 year old Honda. I found a replacement part on eBay, $7.50,

that price isn't BMW either.:sun:

Always a good day when we can hang out with some TWT guys and gals and have some pretty good Q. Cheese cake wasn't 'smoky' as advertised, but good non-the-less.
Great meeting some more (new to me) folks as well i.e. JT, Clay, another Bill on his Ural, Randy(powers) and the couple at the third table which I am sorry to say I cannot remember your names.
Good job again Drew.:clap: Caught a little rain, shared the road with some cyclists,saw a huge flock of circling pelicans, but the ride and time spent visiting was priceless. Hope all had a safe ride home!

...,saw a huge flock of circling pelicans, ...

pelicans? are you sure?

The couple at the third table was GreenEggsandHam and Mrs. C (Sam and Shirley) some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet.

Twas good seeing folks, 'old' and new.

Thanks as always, Drew for scouting out and organizing these get-togethers.

Bill O, pelicans? Really?

:rider:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great day. Met some new and old (to me not age) people and had some great conversations. Neal, sorry I didn't get on line to see your PM, or post, until 6 PM. If you had made it to Boerne it was dry from there. I left Boerne about 9:30 road up 474, 473, Old Blanco and had no rain, only a few drops of mist a couple of times. I got there way to early so took a little loop around county roads 105, 109, and 106. Great little roads. Came back Little Blanco, Sattler, Acker. Never put on rain gear, had a great ride. - Bill

Back