• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jim "Sleepy Weasel" White... Lewisville, TX

My Dad bought the 1100 the first year they sold them here, 99 I think. It was the red scheme with the chopped/bobbed fenders. Beautiful bike. Stock it was not real comfy for me. However, he put the Yamaha/Corbin seat on it and that made a big difference! Bar risers helped as well. It was fun but then he got the bug to get the Nomad 1500... the M1 Abrams of bikes at the time :lol:

Adios,

Good to see ya over here Jim! :dude: You been riding much?

Funny, I've been trying to make sense of how "Marianne" became "MER" instear of MAR. Just noticed the last name, so I'm going to kick myself for a while. :oops:

So far I've put on a bit over 4000 miles since buying the bike September 1st. Haven't ridden a whole lot in the past couple of weeks due to illness, but I'm getting better. I just hope the weather holds.

Think I know what you mean about the seats, Scott. I'm toying with a few different ideas. I figure either I'll go with an "off the rack" aftermarket seat, or I may just take the stock seat, strip it down to the pan, and take it to a place in Ft Worth that does "exotic" seat upholstery. Hmmm, stingray might be nice, but I wonder if it's waterproof? :lol:

Hey hey Sleepy! How ya doin, man? Your bike still have those great soundin' pipes rollin' down the road? Hope to ride with you again soon, man.

El Guapo said:
Your bike still have those great soundin' pipes rollin' down the road?

I like to think so. :D

I'm hoping to make a trip down to College Station in the spring. Got some friends who moved down there to open up a restaurant across the street from A&M. Otherwise, I don't get out of town real often.

Doh! Trip pics courtesy of Wabbit:

Jim.jpg

This is the first time I've seen a side view of this jacket, especially while sitting on the bike. Looks like I may be pushing my luck on that "Weight Limit 8 Tons" sign.

pump2.jpg

I KNEW we should have taken a nice clear picture of one of the big oil puddles near this well. Unfortunately we didn't have a "Harley Parking Only" sign with us. :lol:

Nice bike.

Let me know when you get through the break in period and want to go out and play! :twisted:

Even in the first part of the break in it's still ok for moderate freeway speeds. It's starting to look like the hardest part will be breaking in the rider. My knees & hips aren't as forgiving as they used to be.

Hey Jim....Congrats on the new bike!! I know what you'll be doing this weekend!! Have fun!!

Sleepy Weasel said:
My knees & hips aren't as forgiving as they used to be.

Starting to notice a little of that on myself.

Mer said:
Hey Jim....Congrats on the new bike!! I know what you'll be doing this weekend!! Have fun!!

Cussing about the rain?

:lol:

Actually, at least one project for the weekend will be installing my new frame sliders. Ordered them late Tuesday afternoon and they were delivered (USPS no less) about 2:30 this afternoon. And they were a lot cheaper than the crashguard I was planning to get for the V-Star (though not as shiny & purdy).

Sleepy Weasel said:
Mer said:

Cussing about the rain?

:lol:

You got Saturday to ride. Not suppose to rain until later in the day. I know we will be riding! Kathy's in town and we're getting a nice long ride in today as well as tommorrow. Think about us when your doing your installs.....lol.

Thought I'd post an update... Got my Givi A755 (universal windscreen) mounted up. Still not 100% sure if I'll stick with silver or shell out for the three different cans of paint it will take to match the rest of the bike.

fairing01.jpg

fairing03.jpg

fairing04.jpg

Spend the money ;-) That way the whole bike will be silver :-P

Adios,

steveevets46 said:
Hey- good to see another v-star in the mix.:sun:

Actually, the V-Star is long gone... traded in on the SV650, that was eventually traded in on the DR650 that I had my wreck on last July. Now I'm looking pretty intently at the Wee-Stroms, but there's a deal on a 2005 FZ6 with low miles that has my eye, too.

Back