• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ferodo pads anyone?

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
I was doing some research on brake pads and found a thread on GSRI that posted the results of a German motorrad mag on a brake pad comparison.

Basically, they liked Brembo, Lucas and Braking products best but those are hard to find on this side of the pond. Following close behind the top three was Ferodo.

I did a search and found a vendor but haven't seen much in terms of real-world experience from users and what I did find stayed with the organic compound rather than the sintered.

I searched TWTex as well and only found a couple of hits for Ferodo. But if you're using them or have used them (on a streetbike), please post your experience.
Like and dislikes.
Did you use Organic or Sintered?

I've tried EBC HH and wasn't impressed with them. They required a lot of lever pressure but did generate lots of friction.

thanks.

I am using Ferodo Platinums on my Triumph Sprint, which I've converted to Tokico 6-pot front calipers. I am about to replace the current set which have 30K miles on them with another set of the same pads.

These are an organic compound so should be easy on rotors. They have a progressive feel, not an instant bite, which is what I prefer. I tried EBC HH's first, but I took them off after my first rain ride. The Ferodos feel about the same wet or dry; I had to pump the EBCs two or three times in the rain before they would bite and it dawned on me that I might not always have that kinda time!

Back