• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More power 1250.

Reaction score
So ive got a stage 2 Holeshot kit on the bike 1250FA. I want more power.:clap:

Im ordering an Arrow header next week for the bike and will change to Dales header tune.

I have a 17T sprocket.

Anything I have missed to get some more grunt?:rider:

Yep, camshaft, head work, and big bore from dale and you are going for serious staff :trust: I hit rev limiter with 6th gear :rider: even without all mods.

WP_20160924_20_44_10_Pro.jpg

Sorry, but i do not understand exactly what you want. This is with top speed memory from speedohealer.

You know, video through the windscreen, bike doing 182+ mph. More interesting than static picture. Bet a lot of people would like to watch it.

Interesting.....even with the known approximate 7% error on the 1250 that is still around 170mph. Ballparks and approximations of course.

Losing weight is free power. While there is no substitute for horsepower, having that power haul less weight is one of the most efficient ways to better on-road performance.

Start with the belly and rear end. :)

Going to stage 2 was a vast improvement and all I will ever need.
My goal is to never take the valve cover off...

Last edited:
Wow! My old stocker still has more hp than my old body and mind can deal with. Only mods to the engine in 8 yrs and with 82K miles on the clock is my Yosh exhaust can with a homemade 1" restrictor plate to keep the bottom end torque where I wanted it. Did sync the injectors at 10K miles though.

Are you drag racing or just need ludicrous speed?

[ame="http://youtu.be/ygE01sOhzz0"]Space Balls - Ludicrous Speed - YouTube[/ame]

I think you need a Busa. Keep the Bandit for travel. But it is your money, have fun. No matter what you do it, it will not be as fast as a Busa or ZX14r.
I know, I got a Modded 07 Bandit and a stock 2012 ZX14r.

I think you need a Busa. Keep the Bandit for travel. But it is your money, have fun. No matter what you do it, it will not be as fast as a Busa or ZX14r.
I know, I got a Modded 07 Bandit and a stock 2012 ZX14r.

Im only just about to turn 50, to young for a Busa. :lol2:

I also have a 09 GSXR750.

I'm 65. My 1250s is a pleasure to ride long distance and still makes good mileage after many mods. A bonus it runs fine on Regular unleaded. Kawasaki did perfect the closed throttle abruptness that my Bandit has.
My older Brother road raced a GSXR-750 till he was 62 yrs old. His last race was at Daytona 7 yrs ago. He started road racing at 49 yrs old. Became an Expert at 52 yrs old. He raced for "FUN". I always thought he was trying to kill myself.
He joined me this summer for a trip to Glacier Park. he rode my Bandit. He is still working at 69.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 290
I think you need a Busa. Keep the Bandit for travel.

Exactly. To spend Five Grand or more on engine work for a Bandit, or Four Grand for a clean used Busa ... and then have two bikes. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but it takes all kinds, I guess.

LOL. :mrgreen:

Exactly. To spend Five Grand or more on engine work for a Bandit, or Four Grand for a clean used Busa ... and then have two bikes. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but it takes all kinds, I guess.

LOL. :mrgreen:

and the Busa ergos aren't bad at all

Buy this...its really fast...lol
I have a LSL handlebar kit on it...upright riding position...extremely comfortable...

Attachments

• file-509E62C0-1BBE-4C31-82A0-3058DEDD0DFB-676-00000088258EDAF3.jpg
    file-509E62C0-1BBE-4C31-82A0-3058DEDD0DFB-676-00000088258EDAF3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
That is impressive.:clap:

What was the total cost, all inclusive, to get there? Labor of love is free but realistically, someone else wanting to duplicate your results would pay how much?

How is rideability? Much of the joy from riding the 1250 comes from a super smooth engine, near zero maintenance so your experience would be nice to hear.

Last edited:
That is impressive.:clap:

What was the total cost, all inclusive, to get there? Labor of love is free but realistically, someone else wanting to duplicate your results would pay how much?

How is rideability? Much of the joy from riding the 1250 comes from a super smooth engine, near zero maintenance so your experience would be nice to hear.

Not an easy answer. You need camshafts, head porting, and throttle bodies with adapters. I have done it in stages so the total cost was higher due to more labor paid. I paid about 2200. Without exhaust system i already had.

Thanks.

Given the 160+ HP without chopping off torque at the bottom end, at what point did you see the most return? Was it a straight path or was a certain stage less tractable in terms of useability?

Would you do it again?

In terms of useability the throttle bodies maybe not the best solution. Because off the inverted throttle cable position the throttle is a little stiffer, and the 2004 gsxr throttle bodies have not STVA, so in gold days is a liitle harder to start.

Propably the most return and easier, is camshafts with headwork and compression. If you want more, then throttle bodies is a must.
My opinion.

Back