• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RideSmart at COTA - Anyone going?

ShafT

Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
I'll be heading to Austin tomorrow afternoon for the RideSmart event at Circuit of the Americas this weekend. Curious if anyone else on the forum was registered. I'll be camping overnight Friday and Saturday. Saturday should be interesting as there is a "Drake vs. Lil Wayne" concert at the Austin 360 stage. I suspect the sound of generators won't be the only noise issue that night.

Will I see any TWTers out there?

I normally work the COTA events for Ridesmart but had to pass this time due to the noggin bump. Be safe and have fun.

Just looked at their web site. I didnt even know that kind of stuff was happening at COTA yet.
Cool; a little $$$.
Have fun. Thanks for posting.

Opportunities at COTA are limited and pricey but worth it at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was it?

In a word, "Awesome" The track is a thing of beauty. Watching the videos they use for classroom sessions highlights how other tracks are a mix of various color asphalt and sealer. Of course, COTA is a world class facility. The paving is smooth and uniform. It flows very well and is a very fast track. The back straight is wide open and maxed out my zx6. Heavy braking into a slow turn at the end makes it an interesting ride.

RideSmart is developing a good relationship with the facility and indicated they may be getting more opportunities during the year. It was hot & humid so later in the fall or springtime would be preferable.

Worth every penny to me this time.

^^ when I last spoke with Dave he mentioned next years season being almost a regular track rotation with COTA. Not sure if prices will come down at all, if it could be closer to some of the other "nice tracks" $250-$300 a day I could get on board.

That would be a big help. I'm not sure I'll be back at current prices. For this time, it was worth the cost and the effort to load a camper etc and make the drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty full of awesome!! Definately worth it once. The price is high for the amount of time you really get but it is without a doubt a class A facility.

Man we had seriously planned on trying to attend but sometimes life just gets in the way:doh:
Glad there will be more opportunities .

Back