• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NEW 2015 Honda Africa Twin?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itB15H3xrlI"]the Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive (Trip Hop Mix) - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like a Strom 1k, right down to the woody woodpecker beak.

Yep, there is a degree of morphing of design among that class of bikes. I am getting bored of that silly Woody Wood Pecker beak design thingey. The differences among the adventure bike field at that level are not dramatic any more in terms of performance and cost.

The new Strom 1K has received many great reviews and is a bit cheaper than a GS1200. Many of the bikes in that class now have traction control, adjustable windscreen, multiple power modes, improved ergonomics etc. as standard fare.

RB

Why do you think that Honda still has conventional forks? Knowing Honda, you are paying a premium price for it.

on edit: $15,230.36 at todays exchange rate! The ABS Triumph Tiger XC is only $11,995 and the BMW $12,090 with ABS.

Why do you think that Honda still has conventional forks? Knowing Honda, you are paying a premium price for it.

on edit: $15,230.36 at todays exchange rate! The ABS Triumph Tiger XC is only $11,995 and the BMW $12,090 with ABS.

Maybe they know that lots of people, like me, still prefer conventional forks. USD forks can (but are not always) be stiffer given the same size, but conventional forks seem to be able to be set up to have more plushness, the seals don't fail as often, the portion of the fork that has to be pristine is much better protected in most cases.

It looks like that Honda's bags would be above the muffler so the pannier's could be the same size left and right. I wonder if that low pipe is an issue off road?

Maybe they know that lots of people, like me, still prefer conventional forks. USD forks can (but are not always) be stiffer given the same size, but conventional forks seem to be able to be set up to have more plushness, the seals don't fail as often, the portion of the fork that has to be pristine is much better protected in most cases.

Regardless, USD forks are more expensive to manufacture--so we're told, but this bike is super expensive compared to the competition.

Back