• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Dairyland Insurance Policys Pluses & Problems

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
While recently switching insurance coverage from a bike I traded to the one I got.... I found out about new policys available from Dairyland which allowed the number of bikes covered on each policy to go beyond a max of 3...(I now have 4 bikes)

Also.... My coverage rate dropped from appx $475 a year for the 3 bikes...to $369 for 4 bikes with more coverage...
OLD
3 bikes...1 full cvg w/rent& tow...2 liab only
NEW
4 bikes... 1 full cvg w/rent&tow... 3 liab & comp 1 w/rent&tow

Now for the bad part...
Old ins cards in wallet.... 4 bikes...easily folded & stowed...
274d56be28e3ce954ad817bae1b42678.jpg

f1bdb73261ab90f5c77b100686eb4454.jpg

New full page cards... 4 bikes !!! Well??
35035e0c7dc2203bac7e8badcff653a1.jpg

6c9553628fb9a238ff62cf833f27c70f.jpg

Lots o difference in size folded up the same

Needless ta say....Im gonna hafta figger out sumthin else
9ac564ccc214111516ee7e3e3e9ac5b6.jpg

Time to move into the 21st century....
Go paperless with my phone

Last edited:
Re: New Dairyland Insurance Policys Pluses & Problems

Good to know on bike quantity. I have 4 Policies with them at the moment.

Needless ta say....Im gonna hafta figger out sumthin else

I don't know about Texas, but out here we can show a digital copy and that's acceptable if you get pulled over.

Thats prob gonna be my best bet....pics of all 4 bike ins cards on my phone... Put the overgrown cards on each bike in a ziploc

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Funny, I never carry my cards in my wallets, never have. They are always tucked away on the bike.

No one has ever given a second glance to a reduced, photo copy when I've been asked for proof of insurance.

:ponder:

Funny, I never carry my cards in my wallets, never have. They are always tucked away on the bike.

Zip locked and taped.

If I wanted to carry paper in wallet, I found scissors to trim all but the print off helped. Normally I just put them in the bike!

Been doing the phone thing for a couple years now. I use Geico and it brings the card up automatically through their app. It also stores it on your phone in case you don't have a signal.

Paperless is great, as long as you don't run into Grandpa Cop who never progressed beyond a clamshell phone and doesn't acknowledge digital documents. :lol2: Besides, in my case, phone pix tend to get so hopelessly lost in MyFiles that I can't find them when I need them.

My proof of insurance resides in a ziplock bag taped under the lid of my topbox. A few years ago, I was stopped in Arlington on a bitter cold day when I was headed to DFW_Warrior's house for a tire change. Standing next to the police cruiser, we were both shivering. When the officer asked to see my insurance, I started unleashing 40 feet of rope tying the new tire to my top box. He just shook his head and said "Aw never mind; just watch your speed." See? It's actually a pretty good strategy. :-P

Dairyland is great... I shrink my card and tape it to the front if my Drz etc..... never leave without it.

In Texas you can show an image on a cell phone. Also if a peace officer has access to Texas Sure he has to use it to verify that your insurance is up to date before writing a citation. Same software is used in most tax offices to prove insurance when changing title or updating registration. Been that way since 2008 or so. Oh yea, when I sold the KTM and Suzuki, my insurance went up.

Back