Notices

Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #21
Jack Giesecke

Re: losing motivation to ride-- redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucydad View Post
Jack,

I hear you on too hot. My solution: on the road no later than 8 AM, preferably 7 AM. Go to bed early. Always carry water. Stay hydrated. Wear your gear as it protects from heat/sun.
Done by 10 AM, latest 11 AM. Keep moving, try to avoid freeway jams, long crowded lights at busy intersections. This time of year any ride for me over 100 miles is rare. Come October, that doubles, easy as the temperatures cool. Rain, and incessant days/weeks of Gulf Coast rain and gloom are what stop me riding.... its not Colorado, but we do our best.
Well, I don't have to worry about traffic jams at least. I ride the road, sometimes, over to Weimer from here, gets pretty curvy and had good pavement near Weimer. Then, I'll bop over to Columbus for breakfast, then home. So, my rides are less than 100 miles, but fun never-the-less. The KLR ain't the best handling of bikes, what with the knobbyish dual sports on it and the suspension set up for super-cross or something. But, it sure works on the ill-maintained dirt county roads around here, so it's a big time compromise as ANY dualsport is. I really don't want another motorcycle, though. The KLR might be the last bike I ever own. Sad. I've been without a motorcycle for ONE year in college since I got my license at age 14. It has kinda been a part of me for a long time. That's why I cling to my KLR at the moment and don't just sell it and forget it. I HAVE sold all my old race bikes, gone, but not forgotten. Who ever heard of a racer on medicare?
Old 08-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #22
Jack Giesecke

Quote:
Strom,

The bunny avatar was designed and drawn by my youngest daughter. She is a consultant motion media graphics artist...and she is thriving in Brooklyn, NY with full time clients in Manhattan. She also has two pet rescue bunnies: Trousers and Lacie. They are my "grand bunnies". So, this particular bunny in motion engaged me for a new avatar.
Hmm, edible pets. Whadda concept.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:16 PM   #23
Lucydad
Forum Supporter

Jack,

Oh noooooo....don't let my daughter hear you say that. Given that, I have had lapin for lunch in Paris.
Lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:50 PM   #24
StromXTc
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Jack,

Oh noooooo....don't let my daughter hear you say that. Given that, I have had lapin for lunch in Paris.
NEW YORK CITY! get a rope

Just kidding, I know your a proud papa.
I'm ruined for work. Thinking of blue skies and dirt roads
StromXTc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #25
Jack Giesecke

Quote:
Jack,

I've eaten my weight in wild cottontails. I tried to get my daughter interested in raising rabbits for 4H. I ended up doing all the feeding and water, she wouldn't get off her lazy butt to mess with it, so I ate 'em all. She liked fried rabbit, actually.

There's a lady down our road that raises rabbits and my wife thought we might ought to, but we had chickens and I ended up the one that took care of 'em. SO, nope, no rabbits for ME. Women have conned me one too many times.

BTW, I've read that if you eat nothing, but rabbit, you'll eventually have malnutrition because you won't get enough fat in your diet. Don't know if that's true, but the wild pigs I shoot give us enough fat, corn fed ya know.

Last edited by Jack Giesecke; 08-21-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Jack Giesecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #26
KiwiTex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Giesecke View Post
BTW, I've read that if you eat nothing, but rabbit, you'll eventually have malnutrition because you won't get enough fat in your diet. Don't know if that's true, but the wild pigs I shoot give us enough fat, corn fed ya know.
That is correct, they also lack some other essential nutrients which will end up making you sick. They are fine for a few meals though.
Wild pigs on the other hand....yummy!