• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding around Apache pass.

Marc B

Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Briggs
My Son gave me a new Go-Pro for Christmas, last Sunday evening I rode to Apache pass near Thorndale for a two hour ride out and back, my first video.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYatLNxkGo&feature=em-upload_owner"]Ridng around Apache pass (Texas) FZ1. - YouTube[/ame]

I think you're on the right track...... The hook is riding into that wonderful sunset, snapping a shot if it, then riding off into the sun and clouds.

Maybe consider on the next one: (or an edit of this)
1) An introduction of some type in a five second title view
2) Breaking the sequence down a little to match the music track in full instead of exceeding it. Have simple fades from one to the next to cut out a little footage to better match timing of music score. Maybe do this where the other vehicles are present so it's just you?
3) Add a credits/closing page making sure you're not in copyright violation on the music track. (www.freemusicarchive.org is a wonderful resource for free music for stuff like this which just requires proper credit/attribution)

I too am just scratching the surface on how to do this stuff. Yet I think this is a good start! Enjoy the GoPro! They ARE kind of fun.

Thanks, yes I'm off on the soundtrack but the music is the cheezy free stuff offered by youtube, the no name instrumentals that sound like a Ramada Inn deltronic group when the bar is open, you know I didn't even notice the beautiful sunset while I was riding, while watching the video I was wishing I would have kept my head up and I should have edited out the (stop for a picture) I need to learn more about editing and matching the time to the song length, I probably need someone to sit down with me and show me, thanks for noticing and giving me your thoughts on it, I'll get better in time, love ya, Marc.

What software are you using for video edit? I'm using iMovie at the moment and it seems to be adequate for my learning curve.

I have a lot to learn, software ? youtube video manager ?

Ah.... so it comes straight out of the GoPro to either your desktop and then direct to Youtube? So there's no real editing going on at all at this point, right?

What computer platform are you on? Windoze or Mac?

Right, I'm on Windows it's just like you say and your NM video is a masterpiece by the way, Movie maker !

Back