• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

209mph? Really?

Just read another article on the police chase.
Killeen daily herald says he was doing 135 mph.

Nothing to see here people, move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the funny part is there is no mention of him being bailed out so he is now AWOL and there will be a assortment of charges brought against him by the Army.

interesting,
using a vehicle to evade arrest is a state jail felony (six months), this includes even using a canoe! if a law enforcement officer runs over a tire deflation device while in pursuit it becomes a class 3 felony (2-10 years)

And idiots like him were why my dad hated being a First Sergeant. Calls from creditors, complaints from the civilian police about unpaid tickets - and that was just during work hours. After hours, there were the calls because yahoos, usually from the MPs, because some yahoo like this was in a pickle.

You guys need to understand that the difference between 180 and 209 is a LOT of horsepower.

Even with extremely good aerodynamics, the horsepower quickly becomes a limiting factor. Drag is a square function of speed, not linear. Even the MotoGP bikes, with all that money behind them, still top out in the 220mph range (Ducati holds the outright record I think). Or course, with enough straight line distance to accelerate and a good turbo/super charger... who knows? :shrug:

Actually, the power required to move through a fluid (air) increases as the cube of velocity.

I did not say power was a square function of speed, I said drag was ;-)

D = Cd * A * .5 * r * V^2

In theory, the final power needed is indeed a cubic function of speed.

P = Drag force * V = (Cd * A * .5 * r * V^2) * V = Cd * A * .5 * r * V^3

Obviously, with more drag you need more power. But there are other factors affecting the power requirement than just aerodynamic drag. Rolling friction, bearing friction, engine friction, etc,...

As already stated 200 mph is not easy to achieve. Here are some numbers from a friends bike at the Texas Mile. Notice the speed at the 1/2 mile and then at the mile. These numbers give some perspective of the drag and friction as speed increases. R.I.P. Wade.
https://www.texasmile.net/mileresults.php?event=9&cni=2078

Notice that Wade was doing about 190 at half mile when he broke 212. Another 1/2 mile for about 22mph. Wow! I'm impressed! Am I see this correctly?
I need to check out the Texas Mile someday.

Last edited:
I was reading about Triumph's Rocket Streamliner attempt at speed record at Bonneville in December Cycle World. Guy Martin never got a clean run and crashed twice.
I took my Triumph 1050 to 118mph once and that's the fastest I've ever rode. 200 plus sounds very dangerous.

Notice that Wade was doing about 190 at half mile when he broke 212. Another 1/2 mile for about 22mph. Wow! I'm impressed! Am I see this correctly?
I need to check out the Texas Mile someday.

Yes that is correct. 1st half mile 190mph then the second half mile to gain 22mph. This Hayabusa was on nitrous that was computer controlled, air shifted and lots of suspension work. In the real world if you want to go 200mph you better bring you wallet. The first 170mph come fairly cheap but after that you really have to want it.

I know another guy that has run similar numbers with a turbo charged alcohol burning Hayabusa. Either way you choose to make power it takes TLC(time, labor and cash).

Also remember these guys are running a closed course in a straight line. Not likely this guy running from the law hit 200mph.

That's consistent with the most radical forms of auto racing. Although dragster capabilities aren't really their strong suit, the best modern F1 cars can get from 0-300 kph (186 mph) quite easily - F1 websites claim 10 seconds for an AMG Mercedes. But watch a race, and you'll see how the speed curve really flattens out above 310 kph. The best cars have a terminal velocity of around 340, but it's pretty darned elusive - even on the fastest tracks, and even running in clean air.

I don't think he could get near 200 mph on US 190 between Killeen and Copperas Cove with all the traffic on that road. He'd have run into somebody for sure. My 1998 Blackbird couldn't get near 180 with my 200+ lbs on it. It could get to 140 pretty quickly, but between there and 165 required a lot more room. I don't think anyone but Honda ever claimed they got to 200 mph on the bike and that'd have to be a 130 lb Japanese test rider.

My Corvette requires 450 hp just to do 180 and it's pretty aerodynamic.

Last edited:
I don't think he could get near 200 mph on US 190 between Killeen and Copperas Cove with all the traffic on that road. He'd have run into somebody for sure. My 1998 Blackbird couldn't get near 180 with my 200+ lbs on it. It could get to 140 pretty quickly, but between there and 165 required a lot more room. I don't think anyone but Honda ever claimed they got to 200 mph on the bike and that'd have to be a 130 lb Japanese test rider.

My Corvette requires 450 hp just to do 180 and it's pretty aerodynamic.

I sure thought the ZX-12R was a claimed 200mph bike (once the limiter was removed).

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6_n7ru1e-rg"]Kawasaki H2R - World Record 400 km/h in 26 sec. HD - YouTube[/ame]

Opinions on this run?
Kawasaki H2R
400km/h in 26seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice runup to 244 mph, but this was a $50,000 bike with full trickout, support team, and straight road.

Back