• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROLL THE BONES RALLY 7: GET LUCKY...October 28-30, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you were! Sorry. But you didn't tuck tail and head for camp like Erik and I eventually did. Lol

HAHAHA! Your first mistake was believing Dave when he said mostly pavement with a little off road. That's like believing Tourmiester when he says he will turn around if he see's sand. :roll:

There is no shame in my game about calling it quits. It didn't take me long to figure out if I kept trying to keep up with Brian and Dave it would have end badly. It was a fast pace that exceeded my skill level.

Hey, I was there too!

We were on the rally raid route.

I am not sure how you managed to not join those of us that ended up on or sides. It wasn't pretty but you kept it up on 2 wheels! Nicely done.

HAHAHA! Your first mistake was believing Dave when he said mostly pavement with a little off road. That's like believing Tourmiester when he says he will turn around if he see's sand. :roll:

There is no shame in my game about calling it quits. It didn't take me long to figure out if I kept trying to keep up with Brian and Dave it would have end badly. It was a fast pace that exceeded my skill level.

I am not sure how you managed to not join those of us that ended up on or sides. It wasn't pretty but you kept it up on 2 wheels! Nicely done.
I ended up on the side later that day... call it even. Haha

Im ready for october now.
Picked this up from a member in League City.
Really well taken care of.
Took it for a little ride this morning.
98900b36749e0708299814575324ed05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those stickers are Youshimira, which looks like the pipe the bike has on it. Yoshi is a big DRZ performance part manuf. at one time. Not so sure anymore. They even fielded a MX set up DRZ.
Also looks to have ThumperTalk case guards as well. About the best two mods you can get.

Last edited:
I ran the yoshi ti pipe on my 06 DRZ and it was awesome. Yoshi and FMF make the best pipes for the DRZ's.

Attachments

• drz400R.jpg
    drz400R.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 160
  • drz400s-3.jpg
    drz400s-3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 162
Those stickers are Youshimira, which looks like the pipe the bike has on it. Yoshi is a big DRZ performance part manuf. at one time. Not so sure anymore. They even fielded a MX set up DRZ.
Also looks to have ThumperTalk case guards as well. About the best two mods you can get.

They are. Well, were. I removed them. I think the yoshi graphics look pretty slick, but it was just too much for me. And those are the tt case savers too! :p
This bike came with a few goodies already but nowhere NEAR enough. [emoji41]
Its a nice change from the KLR. I do miss it though...

I ran the yoshi ti pipe on my 06 DRZ and it was awesome. Yoshi and FMF make the best pipes for the DRZ's.

I like the system but it is just a tad bit loud for me even with the silencer in. Im going to order a new packing kit for it and see if it helps. If not.... I MAY get rid of it. Not sure.
I love the blue. Thats a nice scoot!

Sorry for my lack of involvement...Divorce and health issues have kept me hammered down. I think we are still having registration issues...signing up for Adventure Riders of Texas does NOT register you for the rally....I am having the website rebuilt and will be relaunched soon:doh:

Sorry to hear that... :(
I hope all is going well with you, bud.
Do we need to check up on our status somewhere to make sure we are golden.

Sorry for my lack of involvement...Divorce and health issues have kept me hammered down. I think we are still having registration issues...signing up for Adventure Riders of Texas does NOT register you for the rally....I am having the website rebuilt and will be relaunched soon:doh:

No apology nec Dody. Take care of your stuff and your health.

Finally registered! Looking forward to RTB. One point of confusion, do I need to make a reservation at Uncle Gus's for camping as well?

Either or both, as we have three routes, dirtiest (smaller bikes), Paved and Rally Raid (as much gravel as we can pack in).

Thanks, I may do so. Sounds like one of the few you can ride one type one day and the other the next.
Maybe I should ride the heavy the first day so I can pick up the 450 the next day so I don't have to sell the Tenere In the Bush. :lol2:

DRZBRI and I did a little reconnaissance run this afternoon...

Started with the north Bosque

IMG_20160910_133133839_zpsgizga0ii.jpg

IMG_20160910_133317935_HDR_zpsqjbguw5j.jpg

Same river, different crossing

IMG_20160910_134816491_HDR_zpsfbgvg4rf.jpg

Then we got sidetracked in Hamilton

IMG_20160910_164324758_zpseaspmb5t.jpg

And managed to check out a couple more crossings on the way home

IMG_20160910_191828786_HDR_zpsivnp8tvp.jpg

IMG_20160910_192213176_HDR_zpshg36o2ew.jpg

Most roads were freshly graded after all the rain but there were still a few wash outs and eroded edges that riders will have to be in the lookout for.

Last edited:
Awesome pics.
I do believe i have been across the last crossing you posted. I dont recall the road name, but it sure looks familiar.
Looking forward to these rides this year. I missed out on a lot last rally..

Registered , I assume we need to call uncle Gus to reserve tent space?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I plan on being there!!!!! I will do a sand class, and maybe this year I will put a log on the trail...obstacle practice. 2 classes morning 9 to ???, and afternoon 1 to ???

The only problem for me this year is I keep hearing about a Dirtbike rider coach class in Junction Colorado. I may need to go and be the number 2 guy??? Haven't heard from the Number 1 guy yet.

AND, my knitting has gotten so much better, lots of new stuff. Picked up some crazy expensive yarn in Montana, but ity is sooooo cool.

I could do a program on the Best Of Montana 1000 ride, I have lots of pictures and videos.

Keep in touch, I am always somewhere.

Additional pics for the TXjames/DRZBRI scouting expedition.
870eea9511c434a98de768397081b388.jpg

a629e06d560579c1f5f10ef9950549b0.jpg

652ada6952c46e275e23ddbe2dd4e683.jpg

I plan on being there!!!!! I will do a sand class, and maybe this year I will put a log on the trail...obstacle practice. 2 classes morning 9 to ???, and afternoon 1 to ???

The only problem for me this year is I keep hearing about a Dirtbike rider coach class in Junction Colorado. I may need to go and be the number 2 guy??? Haven't heard from the Number 1 guy yet.

AND, my knitting has gotten so much better, lots of new stuff. Picked up some crazy expensive yarn in Montana, but ity is sooooo cool.

I could do a program on the Best Of Montana 1000 ride, I have lots of pictures and videos.

YES, please do a program on the BOM 1000..

Any riders from the Sherman/Denison area headed to the rally?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hope you can be at RTB, Brad! A BOM show would be great.

Registered and paid today for myself and McKinley. Planning to haul Thursday night. Most likely riding the dirty (hopefully not too muddy) route, but gotta brush up on my GPS skills because our designated leader can't make it this year. Got a call in to Gus to see if they have a cabin left.

No MSF that weekend!!!!! I will be there. Dodi, is the sand pit available for us??? I will get a camp site and do I need to bring "howmany" bikes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back