Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > General

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #21
sloan

Re: Those mini bikes you see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Giesecke View Post
I miss the friends and the fun I had in TMGP. I don't miss the blown budgets, though. But, it was all worth it, I suppose. I think the team spirit thing with endurance racing was the most fun. Man, I blew a lot of money doing that. But, every time I thought I was blowing money, I just thought back on how much the big bikes cost. Weren't so bad, then.
Same here on the cost. It's still "cheap" but after a weekend with me and 2 kids, as well as a set of tires or 2, I finished the weekend thinking, "How did I just spend $600 on a TMGP weekend?" lol
Sloan - Iron Butt #42900
2015 KTM Super Adventure
07 Suzuki SV650s - TMGP/CMRA #228
sloan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #22
humanrace

Tires (street tires) and entry fees for a 6 hour endurance at CMRA on an EX300 is about $850. Four sprints are $230 ($40 each for additional races) plus about $450 for a set of street tires for the sprint races. $155 for a license. A two man team that endurance races and sprints an EX300 will spend about $1200 per weekend each at CMRA.

Tires (race tires) and entry fees for a 4 hour race at Mini GP is about $320 and the same tires can be used for at least 2 weekends so actual cost is about $240. Four sprints are $70 ($5 for each additional race). $330 per person per weekend, including the $35 license fee.

Sloan, you got off cheap.
"For that day a large wisdom came to me. There was a great light, and I saw clear, and I knew that it was not for money that a man must live, but for a happiness that no man can give, or buy, or sell, and that is beyond all value of all money in the world." Sitka Charlie, Eskimo.
humanrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #23
sloan

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanrace View Post
Tires (street tires) and entry fees for a 6 hour endurance at CMRA on an EX300 is about $850. Four sprints are $230 ($40 each for additional races) plus about $450 for a set of street tires for the sprint races. $155 for a license. A two man team that endurance races and sprints an EX300 will spend about $1200 per weekend each at CMRA.

Tires (race tires) and entry fees for a 4 hour race at Mini GP is about $320 and the same tires can be used for at least 2 weekends so actual cost is about $240. Four sprints are $70 ($5 for each additional race). $330 per person per weekend, including the $35 license fee.

Sloan, you got off cheap.
Oh I know. I help run the Your Pace or Mine? Graves Yamaha R3 team that runs the #1 plate in the CMRA UltraLightweight Endurance Championship. We ran BBE a few years back too. Now THAT is expensive! lol
Sloan - Iron Butt #42900
2015 KTM Super Adventure
07 Suzuki SV650s - TMGP/CMRA #228
sloan is online now   Reply With Quote