• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

Road the bike in and wiped out on the bridge out of town due to ice. Clutch lever is bent but every thing else is fine.
4582aec7e66870ae1b33aa9c51d2507b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Road the bike in and wiped out on the bridge out of town due to ice. Clutch lever is bent but every thing else is fine.
4582aec7e66870ae1b33aa9c51d2507b.jpg

Man that sounds scary and painful! Hope your are okay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no control when you hit ice. Hit a patch of black ice on my Kawasaki Z1 back when I was a teen. Fortunately, I was going slow and had on enough clothes to pad me against the fall. My dad had made me put some crash bars on the bike and I hated them up until that day. Hope the bent clutch lever was all that was damaged and you're OK.

It started hurting at lunch so I went to urgent care and the X-rays were good. Only major damage was the bent clutch lever, but it is still rideable.

Glad to hear you and the bike are in good shape! And super kudos for being the bad *** that rides no matter what!

The only reason for that is the fact that I got a writen warning for no registration in my car, and the impound fees are more than the value of my little beater. I did get it inspected though so now I have to take the morning off to get it registered.

Glad you're alright, good luck getting your car legal. Of course it may be another 10 years before it snows again.

Maybe, but I would rather take my car to the airport and park it for a week.

Wish I would have known that I could get a 30 day permit for $30 online.

Still trying to pass a cert test - won't make it.

Sounds good, I will break out the bike if I get every thing done tonight.

I haven't been in a while, and won't be able to make it tomorrow night, but ... if anyone is interested in a lunch ride, here is an option.

Weekly Piney Woods BBQ. Normally, it's on Friday, but because of the weather and Christmas, it's on Wednesday this week. ANNNND, it looks to be pretty good weather with the potential of a number of people off for the holidays.

I haven't been in a while, and won't be able to make it tomorrow night, but ... if anyone is interested in a lunch ride, here is an option.

Weekly Piney Woods BBQ. Normally, it's on Friday, but because of the weather and Christmas, it's on Wednesday this week. ANNNND, it looks to be pretty good weather with the potential of a number of people off for the holidays.

I saw that and was thinking about going; then remembered I've got physical therapy in the morning. :headbang:

I saw that and was thinking about going; then remembered I've got physical therapy in the morning. :headbang:

If you weren't trying so hard to get healthy, you could have some fun. :giveup: Sorry you can't make it Jay.

Yeah, that whole being able to use your right arm thing is over-rated.

Didn't get everything done, so I will see y'all after the holidays.

I was going to join you guys but I got notice that my parts are going to be in today, so I stuck around so I can receive them. Y'all have a merry Christmas and we'll see you after the holiday.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Can't make it tonight... too many things to do and not nearly enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back