• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Silverton CO

Reaction score
Usually there is an organized ride headquartered at Silverton, anyone seen anything on this year? Don't like to ride the mtns alone.

Maybe you should instigate a TWT group ride for that time period. Then you can ride with some of your buddies.

Very excellent idea. I am going to be in Cloudcroft for the week of 8-6 so it will need to be very soon or after that. I am out of the workforce so my schedule is flexible. You guys are the working stiffs, I'll work with whatever fits your needs. Also very int in a trip to Mr Stuarts AR place but I much prefer cooler weather for AR.

Good choice sir, I see you are well learned on the Ozark sumers. That said I just checked the 15 day weather forecast to see not a single daytime high outside the 80s and every overnight low somewhere in the 60s. This is all the way thru mid July...gotta love it! (Still cant beat the second half of October though.)
So, a TWT meetup in the Rockies for late July or early August huh? I bet a bunch of us will be ready for some cooler temps by then.

I'm heading to Montana/Wyoming/Idaho in two weeks. Between this and the rides I've already done to Arkansas twice this Spring, I think my time off may have been used up for most of this year. I might get lucky and get away for a weekend Hill Country trip in the Fall. Colorado is out for this year, other than passing through between here and parts further North.

I was considering trying to put something together for a long weekend after Labor Day. Maybe a DS or single track ride. There have been a few TWT Dual Sport rides during that time frame in the Ouray area. It's a good time due to school being back in and most vacations are over with, so no crowds...

I was considering trying to put something together for a long weekend after Labor Day. Maybe a DS or single track ride. There have been a few TWT Dual Sport rides during that time frame in the Ouray area. It's a good time due to school being back in and most vacations are over with, so no crowds...

Absolutely perfect for me. Would be great to see you again, lets go! And by the way, Salida, Pitkin, Red River/Angel Fire, Crested Butte are fine by me also. Anytime after school starts is prime since accomodations are more available and usually cheaper.

Absolutely perfect for me. Would be great to see you again, lets go! And by the way, Salida, Pitkin, Red River/Angel Fire, Crested Butte are fine by me also. Anytime after school starts is prime since accomodations are more available and usually cheaper.

Let me see if I can schedule some vacation for that time and we'll set something up.

Everyone please be aware that I will be on a plated XR4 and not intending to conquer MT Everest. I am past the falling off the side of a ledge/vertical trail stage of my riding career. D/S and single track is fine, just not the Erzberg type. Smelling the roses, not ripping them up by the roots. Not wanting to hinder anyone's ride desire but that will be my approach.

Everyone please be aware that I will be on a plated XR4 and not intending to conquer MT Everest. I am past the falling off the side of a ledge/vertical trail stage of my riding career. D/S and single track is fine, just not the Erzberg type. Smelling the roses, not ripping them up by the roots. Not wanting to hinder anyone's ride desire but that will be my approach.

And still probably more than I would do.

Sounds perfect to me. I'm looking forward to riding with you again.

I'll follow this but given me me height challenged......

There is a group on another forum that rides camps/motels in Silverton, CO the last week of July. Anyone is invited and they cook breakfast and dinner each day for you. I did it a few years back and am going for it in about 3 weeks. They ride the jeep trails in the mountains and over the passes, all around Silverton. You will need a plated bike.
http://ridemsta.com/srblog/?s=silverton
I am trailering up with my wife, daughter and her four year old son. I am riding and they are sight seeing, train riding etc. Let me know if anyone is interested.

There is a group on another forum that rides camps/motels in Silverton, CO the last week of July. Anyone is invited and they cook breakfast and dinner each day for you. I did it a few years back and am going for it in about 3 weeks. They ride the jeep trails in the mountains and over the passes, all around Silverton. You will need a plated bike.
http://ridemsta.com/srblog/?s=silverton
I am trailering up with my wife, daughter and her four year old son. I am riding and they are sight seeing, train riding etc. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thank you. Might be able to fit in a few of the early days and still make my 8-6 trip to Cloudcroft.

Back