• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chest protection for 'manly' sized men

copb8

Most Ignored
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Nale
I want to buy some chest protection that's relatively comfortable and reasonably priced. I'm 6'2 240 so not exactly petite. Anyone have suggestions for products that fit bigger guys?

i-QHhqMRt.jpg

Also comes in neon orange :trust:

You might try the Fox Airframe XL. I'm as tall as you, but a little bigger around. I've had the one I've got for over 10 years and it's plenty comfortable. The upper arm protectors snap off if you don't want to use them. It may be possible to find it cheaper on another site other than the Fox OEM site (Partzilla, Rocky Mountain ATV, etc.).
https://www.foxracing.com/store/pro...0001.en__US.plist20002__plist20001.001?cc=001

Last edited:
You might try the Fox Airframe XL. I'm as tall as you, but a little bigger around. I've had the one I've got for over 10 years and it's plenty comfortable. The upper arm protectors snap off if you don't want to use them. It may be possible to find it cheaper on another site other than the Fox OEM site (Partzilla, Rocky Mountain ATV, etc.).
https://www.foxracing.com/store/pro...0001.en__US.plist20002__plist20001.001?cc=001

I like it. Seems somewhat reasonably priced.

So I'm curious, it looks like it'll be cold some days where we'll be riding. Do you put a regular DS jacket over this and you jersey?

It may be tight on top of my DS jacket as it has protection built in. Usually, in cold weather I layer up with a a long sleeve T-shirt, hoody, and, if it's wet, a light weight leather jacket, then put the protector on top. If your jacket isn't too thick, it may fit on top. I do have comfortable room for my camelback under the back with a T-shirt and hoody. Like I said, because I'be got another 60 lbs around me, I couldn't get my DS jacket on top of it.

Last edited:
Rawlings 2xx from "play it again sports"... The Most Manly roost protection......$25.00 as I recall....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 145
I've got a Fox Airframe in white, size Large which I think would fit you. I used it once at the Redneck Ramble, primarily ridden on dirt roads and that's it. $60. I sold the DRZ and I think it might be a little overkill on the Burgman. I'm 6' 220 and it was comfortable with some extra room.

It looks like this
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/9568/i/fox-racing-airframe-roost-deflector

Thinking about going to the BMW dealership in Plano in the morning to ride their 1600 bagger demo ride. I could bring it if you're interested.

Thinking about going to the BMW dealership in Plano in the morning to ride their 1600 bagger demo ride. I could bring it if you're interested.
Are you riding to the BMW dealer demo on the Burgman?

I've got a Fox Airframe in white, size Large which I think would fit you. I used it once at the Redneck Ramble, primarily ridden on dirt roads and that's it. $60. I sold the DRZ and I think it might be a little overkill on the Burgman. I'm 6' 220 and it was comfortable with some extra room.

It looks like this
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/9568/i/fox-racing-airframe-roost-deflector

What time are you going? I could drive out there and try it on. If it fits I'll take it.

Are you riding to the BMW dealer demo on the Burgman?

Turns out I'm to lazy to drive up there this morning (going to the Nat. flat track later this afternoon sometime).

But to answer your question, of course not. They know they can't flip a Burgman rider over to a BMW so they probably wouldn't even let me get on it. :lol2: Sort of like showing up on a KLR, except the reason then is they know you either couldn't afford it or would never pry your wallet open that far. :giveup:

Last edited:
Turns out I'm to lazy to drive up there this morning (going to the Nat. flat track later this afternoon sometime).

But to answer your question, of course not. They know they can't flip a Burgman rider over to a BMW so they probably wouldn't even let me get on it. :lol2: Sort of like showing up on a KLR, except the reason then is they know you either couldn't afford it or would never pry your wallet open that far. :giveup:

That's funny!

Rawlings 2xx from "play it again sports"... The Most Manly roost protection......$25.00 as I recall....

The Classic Photograph from the Starlight of all time!!
Bob, I am having this one framed...thanks much!
:giveup: :sun::giveup:

Bart, I'm not joking about the Rawlings...best and cheapest fall protection you can get! :sun:

Back