• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Little help with radiator cap interchangability?

Reaction score
I have a bike I'm trying to find some parts for (would prefer not to say what exactly as it'll ruin the surprise if anyone wants to see later) and getting OEM parts is an absolute pain right now because there's just no supply.

So one thing I need is a new radiator cap. I've learned that KTM part 77335016000 will fit, however the pressure on this cap (1.8 bar) is too high. I need to try and get it down to like 1.2 or 1.4.

Here's a picture of the part:

77335016000-radiator-cap-small-ktm-exc-exc-f-sx-sx-f-smr-18-bar.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone has some experience with KTM enough that someone could recommend one that is the exact same fit as the above listed part with just less pressure. One possibility is part 58035016000, but I'm uncertain if this will fit. I guess I'm just hoping someone can chime in otherwise I'll just have to order it I guess and see if these two caps are similar.

Google fu says they are both ktm "small" caps. The 5 series part is 1.4 bar, or 20.3 psi. The 7 series is 26.1 psi.

well that kinda rules out a GT750
YZ125 with radiator on forks?

so is this what you are looking for?
http://www.ktmperformance.com/radiator-cap-small-1.2-bar.html

I did find radiator caps with temperature gauge built right in!

I did come across that part number also...may have to see about ordering one.

As an update, I did order one of these in my OP I mentioned and so far the fit is very close, I actually have to press down on the cap harder to get it to screw on. I'll try and take a test ride this weekend and see if it holds up.

Last edited:
Did ya try a auto parts store?

I would like to, but **** most auto radiators are generally larger caps than what I'm looking at. I'd be searching through dozens of boxes most likely even if I could convince them to let me look through their stock.

I wish some manufacturer like Stant built some bike parts.

I use a Stant on the Wing. I found the cross reference on a bike specific forum. Whatever type bike, try looking on that bikes forum(s) and see if someone has crossed it.

Back