• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Super Tenere service Austin/San Antonio

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Anyone out there with a Super Tenere that can recommend a good shop or dealer in the Austin-San Antonio area that can service a 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere. Woods in New Braunfels is my closest dealer but have not been over impressed wth them.
Thanks in advance.

Valve adjustment or something more? If you strike out in Centex I highly recommend Yamaha Sportcenter in Longview. I have a dealer one mile from my work and another 20 or so dealers in the greater Houston area. For a warranty service claim I drove 400 miles roundtrip to use them instead. Was there only 3 hrs total, other dealers gave me 3 days to 6 weeks service time estimates.

_

Just servicing. I need a complete service in a few months valves adjustment, a tune up, fork oil change, etc...just the basics.
I don't have the faciliies to do the work myself.

I can't speak to cost, but the guys at Kent PowerSports seem to do decent maintenance. I bought this one there, and although their sales team lacks any sort of prestige, they're all friendly enough. The maintenance crew seems to have their stuff mostly together. There's one up in Buda, too. not sure which would be closer to you.

Give them a call, anyway, and see what the charges would be. They've got "certified" Honda mechanics on staff...not sure about the Yamaha version.

I can't speak to cost, but the guys at Kent PowerSports seem to do decent maintenance. I bought this one there, and although their sales team lacks any sort of prestige, they're all friendly enough. The maintenance crew seems to have their stuff mostly together. There's one up in Buda, too. not sure which would be closer to you.

Give them a call, anyway, and see what the charges would be. They've got "certified" Honda mechanics on staff...not sure about the Yamaha version.

Thanks for the info. I will stop by and speak with them.

Back