• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Western Australia

Reaction score
Well very very hello you all you two wheelers on this forum. I just made the plunge with my brand new bike. It has been 11 years since I sold my last machine (because of a divorce); a 1200 Harley Davidson Sportster. I have since I was 17 always had a motorcycle, Suzuki 500, Suzuki 550 GT, Suzuki 350GT, Kawasaki 500 Mach 3, and a Norton 850 Interstate (lots of oil leaks). I always wanted a Triumph Bonneville. I was ready to put my money down on a new T100 but decided to do a little bit more research. As in reality I wanted a bike to do a multitude of things. Also the vibration thing was an issue as my hands seem to go to sleep after an hour or so. Low and behold after much soul searching I decided on another Suzuki. Yes you guessed it a 1250 Bandit ABS. But before I laid down my hard earned cash I went to the dealer and took one for a test ride. Gosh was I impressed! The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to ride, sweet is the word. The steering is very light, the bike felt like it weighed a lot less. The most impressive thing about it was the torque. Here I was pottering around in fifth gear at 30 Klm, winding the throttle on gently and it just cruised off without a shudder. So after half an hour of my pathetic little test ride, I rode it back to the shop and brought one. I was told I could have any colour I wanted provided it was silver. I pick it up next Saturday. I ordered it with Givi top box and panniers, crash bars ( No of course I do not intend to crash it!) and gear indicator thingo, plus I had to buy new helmet, pants, jacket and boots. So come next weekend I am off. So if you see this old guy on some back road in Southern Western Australia wobbling all over the road, do not be concerned its just me learning to ride again. As can be seen I am so happy to be on two wheels again!

Welcome to the board. As you have probably found out already there are a bunch of Bandit owners here.

Well very very hello you all you two wheelers on this forum. I just made the plunge with my brand new bike. It has been 11 years since I sold my last machine (because of a divorce); a 1200 Harley Davidson Sportster. I have since I was 17 always had a motorcycle, Suzuki 500, Suzuki 550 GT, Suzuki 350GT, Kawasaki 500 Mach 3, and a Norton 850 Interstate (lots of oil leaks). I always wanted a Triumph Bonneville. I was ready to put my money down on a new T100 but decided to do a little bit more research. As in reality I wanted a bike to do a multitude of things. Also the vibration thing was an issue as my hands seem to go to sleep after an hour or so. Low and behold after much soul searching I decided on another Suzuki. Yes you guessed it a 1250 Bandit ABS. But before I laid down my hard earned cash I went to the dealer and took one for a test ride. Gosh was I impressed! The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to ride, sweet is the word. The steering is very light, the bike felt like it weighed a lot less. The most impressive thing about it was the torque. Here I was pottering around in fifth gear at 30 Klm, winding the throttle on gently and it just cruised off without a shudder. So after half an hour of my pathetic little test ride, I rode it back to the shop and brought one. I was told I could have any colour I wanted provided it was silver. I pick it up next Saturday. I ordered it with Givi top box and panniers, crash bars ( No of course I do not intend to crash it!) and gear indicator thingo, plus I had to buy new helmet, pants, jacket and boots. So come next weekend I am off. So if you see this old guy on some back road in Southern Western Australia wobbling all over the road, do not be concerned its just me learning to ride again. As can be seen I am so happy to be on two wheels again!

A huge welcome! It's great to have you join us.

I have to tell you that if I can do it (make a comeback to riding after being off of one for 20+ years), anyone can do it.

It does take time, though. A lot of things that were instinctive "back then" will no longer be so for a while and all of your skills will have to be redefined and tuned - so be extra careful for a while and in no time at all you'll be in fine form again.

In my case, I moved up from being a pretty decent 2-smoker dirt bike rider 20 years ago to being a novice on a large street bike for my comeback machine. That might not have been the best way to make the transition, but so far so good. :lol2:

Counter Steering

Welcome to the board. As you have probably found out already there are a bunch of Bandit owners here.

Thanks WoodButcher, is there a Bandit club in WA?I f not I could join a club, would be great to go riding with others. One of the first thing I am giong to do is do some advanced riding courses. I have been reading about counter steering. I realise that I have always been doing it but never realised it. This time aroung I want to learn how to ride from the experts. Thanks all! :-P

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Congrats on the new Bandit!

Arbe is in Australia and rides a new B1250. He lives in Melbourne somewhere though... There are quite a few other Aussies, both living here and there, that are members here.

We sure would like to see ride reports from you! Take lots of pics ;-)

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Congrats on the new Bandit!

Arbe is in Australia and rides a new B1250. He lives in Melbourne somewhere though... There are quite a few other Aussies, both living here and there, that are members here.

We sure would like to see ride reports from you! Take lots of pics ;-)

LOL Melbourne to Perth WA is like New York to San Francisco to get there one has to cross the Nullarbor: That road crosses the Nullarbor (“no trees”) Plain – a flat, featureless expanse with, obviously, little by way of overhead foliage to form a distraction for the driver. All you’ll find is a 1200km stretch of bitumen called the Eyre Highway. Oh, and space. Heaps of space. So much space, in fact, that it’s difficult to comprehend.I have ridden it! The road is so straight and flat that you can see car lights 100 Klm away.:eek2:

:welcome: from a fellow Bandito. :rider:

BTW, you will end up buying the Bonnie as well. You can't help it. :lol2:

LOL Melbourne to Perth WA is like New York to San Francisco to get there one has to cross the Nullarbor: That road crosses the Nullarbor (“no trees”) Plain – a flat, featureless expanse with, obviously, little by way of overhead foliage to form a distraction for the driver. All you’ll find is a 1200km stretch of bitumen called the Eyre Highway. Oh, and space. Heaps of space. So much space, in fact, that it’s difficult to comprehend.I have ridden it! The road is so straight and flat that you can see car lights 100 Klm away.:eek2:

Yeah, I realized that ;-) I figured being in your area, you could really appreciate the BIG thing, kind of like we do here in Texas. When people from the East Coast visit, they are shocked to learn you can run 80mph for 12 hours and still be in Texas :lol2:

:welcome: from a fellow Bandito. :rider:

BTW, you will end up buying the Bonnie as well. You can't help it. :lol2:

I think you are right! New year I will sell my stupid Bentley Turbo R, and buy a T100 and a wait for it a------------------- HRD Black Shadow. Lol love that bike.

Back