• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey Y'all From I10 W Houston/Katy

Reaction score
First Name
George
Last Name
Haile
Greetings,
Interesting forum here , I like the diversity. I have ridden all my life, and when I wasn't I was thinking about it. My bikes have ranged from a 60's something Super 90 Honda to a 92 Heritage . By far my all time favorite machine is the original SuperBike : The Honda CB 750 . I was 14 in 1969 when this machine was introduced , I was very aware of the cycle scene , 2 bike shops in my neighbor hood , family of riders (HD) , Pro TT racer next door. So this bike was the Buzz, rode my first one at 15 and had never experienced such power with such a smooth and predictable delivery-WOW !Nothing like the 2-strokes or the Brit Twins which are also great bikes. So today I prefer vintage iron over FI computer controlled clones !!
Anyway kids came--bikes went , Bought the Harley and loved it but often thought of the old SOHC Hondas. Last Feb. I stumbled upon a 78 K8 model in great shape , paid twice what a new one cost in 78 but I'm lovin it-- Re-Living my youth.
I ride very often, prefer away from the crowded cager congestion and fumes , love the two lanes , Montgomery Co. , Pattison area , North toward the hill country. I just like to get out and explore.
Anyway sorry to ramble (memories), and thanks for looking!

George

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP0445.JPG
    Resize of IMGP0445.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMGP0418.JPG
    IMGP0418.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 100
  • IMGP0245.JPG
    IMGP0245.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 97
welcome!
whatpart of the katy area" do you live in?
we're scattered around out here. I'm in old katy (katy city limits) not far from the stadium.

we have katy bike night on wednesday nights at the Empenada house on Mason at Westhiemer. you should check it out.

oh and great looking bike!

Empenadas?
I'm there !! I live in WestLake near Fry & Saums , its actually Houston but you can throw a rock to Katy. I work very near the Empenada House , at O'reilly's on Mason. Hope to see y'all soon, I'm off today and went out for a ride , but the heats killer so I'm runnin up my utility bill in the AC !Yea I'm wimpy!

Welcome. Beautiful ride you have there. Maybe we'll catch you Wednesday.

cool, I use to use that o'reilys untill ya'll built one in old katy.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Great looking bike! Did you restore it or was it in that kind of condition when you found it?

Hey thanks for the nice comments about my ol scoot, think I'll be usefull and give her a wash. Also need to work on my baffle, or lack of, original blew out on the Katy and became tire bait, so its a little loud and raspy.
G

Hey Guys,
I bought the bike because it was in complete stock condition, with luggage rack and barn door windsheild. Had 24k on the clock and no sign of being down ever, no real rust, allthe rubber was nice and supple. Bike had been adult ridden and pampered obviously. I dont really know the history as I am the 3rd owner, PO I bought it from got it at auction and knew what he had, he bought it for the value and I helped send one of his kids to school !
I have caught lots of grief from some folks due to the mods Im making, .The bike can easily be returned to box stock ,if and when that occurs to me, I've kept all parts , bolts & nuts.
What I'm after is the lowered drag bike style of the late 70's- early 80's period.Anyone remember Arlen Ness or the Honda genious Russ Collins ? My original 78 had a massive engine work(RC) that made it nearly un-streetable, this one will stay stock except for modern electricals(coils, ignition , halogen, exhaust) . I plan on a tear down during our brief winter for paint and detailing, maybe some plating ,polishing for sure. Cant decide on a paint scheme wont be my usual black , want something bright . Dang I've Grown, pretty soon I'll be thinking like my Father!! Today I take suggestions and actually consider some of them!

I hope you can make it out to Empanada night, I would love to see your bike in person.

Thanks Justin,
What time do ya'll wrap it up Wed. night ? I get off work at 10:00 , I'm right up the street at O'reilly's, I'm there if the bike is out front, unless its wet out:sun:
G

Hey, I've seen your bike! I've driven by that O'Reilly's at least a few times and have seen the bike parked out in the corner. Definitely a sweet ride. My last bike was a '79 KZ1000 LTD with a flat handlebar, so I can certainly appreciate the love for vintage moto.

See you round!

Yep thats my scoot, I could park in back but I love to talk bikes and those who recocnize it usually stop in and say howdy. Also you would not believe the folks who think its for sale, You wont believe what I've turned down !:eek2:
Please stop in any time, if the place aint packed with cagers huntin wiper blades I can usually find time to jaw!
Thanks
G

Alan BTW, remember the power of the KZ 900's & the KZ and LTD 1000's , I had a 900 that was very dangerous and very fast, boy I miss the sound of an open Kerker at 8000 rpm -WILD

We usually start leaving around 9-9:30.

It sounds like I need to head over to O'reilly with my imaginary parts list.

Hey right , you know at O'Reilly we do math, ah not, we match prices and sometimes there are un- advertised specials. I am trying to get more K&N filters in for bikes and you know we can usually x-fef spin on to the Wix or Fram brand. Sorry didnt mean to be the unofficial sales and marketing rep this morning;-)
Any way I'm gonna try to cruise down there tonight for a few minutes , depends on how busy we are.

Thanks
G

Hey ShooterGal,
I lived in Montgomery from 88 till , 92 . Worked at the Phone Co. in Conroe. Love the area, I leased 60 acres on Keenan Cut-Off Rd and turned down an offer to purchase the property . Well that's the place they dug all the minerals out of the ground, I coulda been rich ! It is right across from Ron's Grocery.
I love the ride from H-town to Montgomery, my daughter is there, I ride out Barker to Spring Cypress to Telge to 249/149 and come out by the lake , nice ride.
Hey thanks for the welcome
G

Hey :welcome: We drive by all the time and I always point your bike out to my son! He does the "oooooh, ahhhhh" at the appropriate times! Now, we'll know to stop in and say Hey. By the way, good to know that you can get bike-geared stuff... We're right around the corner from you and JustJ is always going to one of the dealers for "stuff." :rofl:

Welcome to the group! That's a FINE example of legendary machinery you have. I too enjoy "older" bikes...my previous bike was an '87 Supermagna and while I adored the bike, my riding style and its capabilities did not mesh well. I ended up going to a newer standard, but it has the soul of the old KZ1000's.

What a nice bunch of people , I really do appreciate the nice comments about what I choose to ride . Who do I make the check out to ? Now I am very familiar with the late model machines and absolutly enjoy the technology of them also , I'll put up a couple of pics of my garage contents , old school vs new school , my stepson is new school !
Again thanks all for the welcome, do want to meet-up soon.
G

Attachments

• IMGP0496.JPG
    IMGP0496.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMGP0498.JPG
    IMGP0498.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 92
  • GPZ2.JPG
    GPZ2.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 101
  • IMGP0491.JPG