• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride - Plz Donate!

Reaction score
Hello TWT Community!

This year I am taking part in The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Austin to raise funds and awareness for men's health and prostate cancer on behalf of the Movember Foundation.

Prostate cancer affects more men than any other cancer, taking the lives of 307,000 men each year. That number is surpassed by 500,000 men dying from suicide.

That's 807,000 men every year. This is a number that must change.

Please reach out and give what you can, help support me on my ride by going to https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/TheDManand making a donation.

OR BETTER YET! You can join the ride yourself in the city close to you and raise funds for this cause while enjoying a day out with fellow dapper cyclists!

Thanks for your consideration!
Doyle

It's just a fun theme.

Last year there were plenty of non-café racer types in the groups. (saw a good group of BMW GS's in Dallas)

Plz don't be shy. Take your bike and have some fun, and do a Touchy-Feely donation. :rider:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the controversy?

People donate if they wish, others that don't like the group rising funds, should simply ignore the tread.

If I don't like pie, I'm not going to complain about an event that ignores people that prefer tamales.

Why the controversy?

People donate if they wish, others that don't like the group rising funds, should simply ignore the tread.

If I don't like pie, I'm not going to complain about an event that ignores people that prefer tamales.

Bingo! I don't go to Pie Runs, but I love the fact that they are happening and people enjoy them. I don't belong to this group, but they are doing a heck of a lot more than I am for raising money for their cause. Kudos to them!:thumb:

Donation made. Doyle I like your T120 Triumph Bobber. That is one of my favorite bikes. I also thank you for your heart to help a good cause. I get a PSA test yearly and recommend all men do the same.
I also saw that this charity is also to help those with depression, a serious problem in this world. Thank you sir, for your effort.

It is not a requirement for posting a ride/event that it cater to all riders.

If you don't care for an event, there is really no need to post negative comments about it. It is not simply sharing an opinion. It is creating disruption in a thread where it really doesn't belong. It is not much different than going into someone's for sale thread and trash talking their bike. It does not matter if what is being shared is true or not. IF a user absolutely feels compelled to share negative opinions about a group or event, they can start their own thread in the General Forum to discuss it.

There are obviously people here on TWT that DO care about this event and its cause despite the limited appeal. Any further comments along the lines of the previous comments that have been removed will also be removed.

Last edited:
Windmill - Thanks very much for your donation and your words.
Any time you would like to take a spin on the Bobber let me know!

Bless you and yours.

Congrats, Doyle! I note from the website that the event has already raised over a million dollars and the ride is still 28 days out. Apparently there are a lot of fans & supporters out there.

Hey Larry. I'm glad to see you're in on this ride. Be sure to post a few photos of the event. Either that, or at the next South o' the Plex event, you have to wear your goofy outfit. :-P

OK Larry, I gave you a small jump start on donations. If you'd like, I can post your link on my FB page & try to drum up some more business. Let me know if you'd like me to do so.

I've been following the totals on this - not just Doyle's and Larry's totals, but those the entire Distinguished Gentlemen's organization. It's up to almost $1.49 million, and the ride is still 3 weeks out. Way to go, guys.

36890587030_65de7f6b9f_z.jpg
[/url]20170917_134640-1 by Larry Stephens, on Flickr[/IMG]

All ready for the Distinguished Gentlemens Ride in Dallas this Sunday.

It's not too late to donate to a good cause.

Just got off the phone with my daughter who owns The Wick in Seattle.

DGR-Seattle is ending it's ride at her bistro ... awesome!

Looking at the Distinguished Gentlemen's website, I see that a total of 92,118 riders from various chapters registered with total donations of $4,385,735. I'd call that pretty respectable. Well done, Doyle and Larry.

36608085624_b1a965923d_z.jpg
[/url]2017_DGR_Dallas[/IMG]

Before the Dallas ride with my CB1100 DLX and a friend's CB350. We had a great time meeting new folks and riding the streets of Dallas. Thank you all for donating.

Back