• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda's Hot Seat

Reaction score
OK, here's my problem, my CBR f2, my first sports bike (with full fairings) gets kinda hot in the seat area, I've never had this problem with my other bikes, naked bikes should I say, so, what I want to know, it's this normal with a faired bike? I guess the heat has nowhere to go but to the back, right into the seat, or am I missing someting???
Please help!! anyone that has a smilar bike, please help me!
Thanks

Howdy,

:tab VFR's can get a little toasty under the thighs because of the two rear facing cyclinders. However, I've never really heard of the inline fours having this problem. I would expect a little more heat than a naked maybe, but it should not be lots. Is it just warm or really hot (as in almost painful)?

Adios,

I once owned a '97 F3 that I recall feeling some heat coming from the sides (near the slots on the side fairings) when I was stopped at insections on warm days. But the heat was not excessive to the point that I was concern about it, nor did it emanate directly from under the seating area.

Hey, Leo, is that you posting this question? If so, I think we had briefly discussed this earlier.

Frank
'98 CBR900RR

Yeah Frank, that was me.....it's just that sometime when I try to post something, my nick won't appear, I dunno why.

But anyway, maybe I just have to get used to the heat emanating from the slots on the sides.

oh, and I love the jacket man, I did use it this morning and it was kinda chilly, but I was just fine, the only area I need to adress is my neck, maybe a balaclava or neck warmer. And girls love the jacket too :angel:

Back