• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Question on a title

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a dirt bike with the intention of eventually getting it street legal in Texas. It is currently on an Oklahoma title and has never been transferred from a prior owner, anyone see any issues to get it transferred to myself?? I have not actually seen the title yet, so I dont know if its signed, but will not take possession until I see it..
Any input or info is appreciated..

Shouldn't be an issue. Your local tax office doesn't know or care who's been riding the bike as long as the title is good. If it was pre-signed AND pre-dated, there might be an issue, as in Texas you are required to register the bike within 20 working days or pay an upcharge. But for an out-of-state title, who knows? They do seem to like to see a written bill of sale (when I bought my 2012 Wee, I was told that "that helped" when I presented a bill of sale. Don't ask me why. :shrug: I've never seen anything on TXDOT's website to suggest that it's legally required.

If you buy the bike, don't bother to show up at the tax office until you've insured it, gotten it inspected, and received your "green sheet" from the inspection station.

Back