• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

scammers

Reaction score
I have two motorcycles for sale on this forum and on CL.
The scammers are out in force.
It is really hard for me to believe that people are taken in by these low-lifes.
WOW!!!

I never put a phone number in my Craig's List ads. I use Craig's List relay reply only to shield both my phone number and email address. You'll avoid the majority of scammers and spammers doing this.

Yep, I tried to sell a doll house my daughter did not want anymore and I have been hounded ever since.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ah Crack List, the meth head trailer park of the internet.

I had a guy correspond with me via Craigslist for over a week. Initially it passed the smell test, until he asked for a vincheck report. He sent a link and said he's been burned by Carfax in the past and preferred this other "company."

I told him he was welcome to look at the bike and run the VIN himself, I'd even reimburse him the fees. I Googled the "company" he linked me to and found several mentions of it just being a scam website that attempts to gather your credit card information.

I had a guy correspond with me via Craigslist for over a week. Initially it passed the smell test, until he asked for a vincheck report. He sent a link and said he's been burned by Carfax in the past and preferred this other "company."

I told him he was welcome to look at the bike and run the VIN himself, I'd even reimburse him the fees. I Googled the "company" he linked me to and found several mentions of it just being a scam website that attempts to gather your credit card information.

Just had the same thing happen to me...I hate scammers, they get your hope up that you might have a potential buyer.

Back