• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Traded - 2014.5 KTM 450 Dungey Replica

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I bought this a few weeks ago from Cycle Shack North. It had 19+ hours, now a little over 26. I thought I could use in National forest/single track. At this point in my life(out of shape and old) just too much bike to be fun.

Stock except for Factory Connection suspension(works good). Exhaust has s/a in it at this time.

Paid 5900, open to offers but would like to keep loss to a minimal obviously.

Attachments

• 00y0y_4JTUTdS2GeK_1200x900(1).jpg
    00y0y_4JTUTdS2GeK_1200x900(1).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 198
Re: 2014.5 KTM 450 Dungey Replica

Have you tried unplugging the map switch to the "tame" setting?

It has 2 settings, not much difference.

Same dilemma here.
Ended up selling my 450 and going to a 250F.....VERY happy with that decision!
Would have kept the 450 of I was 10 years younger and in decent shape.
The 250F is nice and tame, but still fast!

This is a good price on this bike!
I look at KTM's for sale daily on Craigslist all over Texas and this should move.

Last edited:

Nice bike. I have the same model/platform and it has turned out to be a great trail bike. For anyone looking at this bike as a single-track bike, here is what you need:

Steahly Flywheel wheel--12 or 15 ounces. This modification transforms the bike. Promise.
Trailtech high output stator
Radiator fan--may have to change out the SX tank first to the XC tank.

It is a few hundred dollar investment and it will make this bike work great on the trails, if you can handle a 450 race bike. Since all KTM four strokes have DC power stock, it is very easy to make electrical mods too. Not so with the Japanese motocrossers.

Good luck with selling. Beautiful motorcycle.

Entertaining offers! Be nice, lol.

Well ended making a trade for a 2016 YZ250X ( the new offroad model 2T). I'll keep this a while but if interested , let me know. lol It has a ton of goodies, factory Connection suspension, bar risers, hand guards, pegs, side stand, Scott's mount, FMF pipe and silencer, I ordered a tall seat also.

Last edited:

Well ended making a trade for a 2016 YZ250X ( the new offroad model 2T). I'll keep this a while but if interested , let me know. lol It has a ton of goodies, factory Connection suspension, bar risers, hand guards, pegs, side stand, Scott's mount, FMF pipe and silencer, I ordered a tall seat also.

Cool trade. With the 250 two stroke you have something with more mass appeal than the 450 had.

pic

Attachments

• 13631672_10210499732269035_5408571088304000557_n.jpg
    13631672_10210499732269035_5408571088304000557_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Rob I suggest you start a new thread or change your thread title to the new bike otherwise a lot of people will never click and read the post to know what you're really selling now.

_

Very nice trade... I liked your ktm but the new yz250x!!! I rode one at the yamaha open ride day. My favorite bike for all around trails / Mx.

OK, I'm a kn00b to off-road riding, but I flat do NOT understand anyone saying some bike is "TOO MUCH" for whatever. Guys, Amigos, Chers, Compadres . . . Am I missing something? Does it not all depend on what Y O U do with your steed?

I can't come close to riding the 500EXC to its potential but DANG! it's a fun scoot even not ridden beyond my abilities. So I just do not understand this "It's too much bike for me" stuff.

L'Chaim!!!
Dave
Waay too many bikes for a rational guy . . . yet not nearly enough!!!

garfey i will try to xplain too much power .bear with me my typing sucks .when you race a bike for a hour or 50 plus miles at race pace you get tired and start to fatigue thinking slows down some .guess what that 450 or 525 they dont get tired so some times you need a little burp of throttle and you get a handful :giveup:.okay i am 6ft 2 190 lbs healthy my 250 f 0r 300 ktm i can ride twice as long before i get tired than we i had my 525 ktm .so i can go faster longer on the smaller bike .dont forget were talking tx woods racing not baja .of which i know you been apart of that luky you hope that helps .just my 2 cents seeya tonyd:sun:

OK, I'm a kn00b to off-road riding, but I flat do NOT understand anyone saying some bike is "TOO MUCH" for whatever. Guys, Amigos, Chers, Compadres . . . Am I missing something? Does it not all depend on what Y O U do with your steed?

I can't come close to riding the 500EXC to its potential but DANG! it's a fun scoot even not ridden beyond my abilities. So I just do not understand this "It's too much bike for me" stuff.

L'Chaim!!!
Dave
Waay too many bikes for a rational guy . . . yet not nearly enough!!!

I get your point, but, the truth is that a modern 450 motocrosser is a LOT of bike. It will rip the doors off of a 500exc. Larger throttle body, and all internal engine parts--piston, crank, clutch components, etc. are all lighter than a bike set up for trails. Easily 20 pounds lighter as well.

Specifically talking about the 450 SX like WG just traded, stock on the trails instead of the track, it can be tricky. The light flywheel makes it easy to stall, it hits in the midrange hard, and it has a tall first gear.

That being said, it can be modified easily to work like a dream on trails. Mine is my favorite single track bike I have ever had.

Great question about power that many have. The response are right on. I bring
My xr250 out and all the 450 riders laugh .... After about an hour they all want to ride it.:rider:

Sweet 250X!

Took it to Cycleland today, rode about 40 miles! very sweet bike, suspension is really nice BUT and it's a big one for me, right knee is not going to tolerate kicking, I have to get off kick left foot style, not very handy on the trail! FWIW, my 64 y/o knee is worn out from an old injury if you're wondering, even with an easy kick 2 stroke! So eventually this one will have to go. Same price as 450.

I wish I would have seen this before committing to a 250fx... what's your price on the 250x Rob?

I just stand to the right, no problem. Back when I started in the 70's,lot of European bikes had had left footed kickers and would stand on the left and kick with right! No problem.

Back