• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My heart smiled today...

Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Last Name
Veloz
After reading drroccostein's post in this sub-forum, this title seemed to fit.

My daughters started Junior High this week and with that approaching I've had this growing sense of dread that my little girls were about to really grow up. I decided there was only one thing I could do. Buy them gear, suit them up and hopefully let them catch the two-wheeled bug. I figured that if they liked it, a rider/passenger comm system would be a great way to ensure I stayed connected with my soon to be teenagers.

This last sunday they each had their first real taste of getting on public roads. I think those seeds are taking root since they've started talking about taking longer rides.

cr800_Sany0176.jpg

cr800_Sany0185.jpg

More pictures here:

http://tejasrider.blogspot.com

:clap:

i love the dad and daughter rides!

i wouldnt trade the time and experience for anything.

Get them hooked now, because as they get older there are definately more demands on their time. The two wheel bug is a great one to have and share with them, beleive it or not these memories they will always remember as the time we had dad one on one. That and with riding there is less boy chasing, I appreciate all the time we have together when riding. I don't have a COMM system but we have a system to pass information when riding, I get to focus on the road and she can focus on the sight seeing and enjoying.

Keep up the good work, and even though that may not say it they really do appreciate.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You are going to need a bike that can handle three up! :mrgreen:

Awesome, can't wait till my son is old enough to take him for rides.

Awesome! My daughter started 1st grade yesterday, I know junior high will be here before we know it. Can't wait to take her on some nice rides. My son is in Kinder now and he's already got the bug, can't stop talking about getting a dirt bike. His power wheels quad doesn't quite do it for him anymore.. :)

Thanks for all the encouragement. Last night when I talked to my girls about their first day of Jr High, one of them said that at one point she got really stressed with trying to figure out where her next classroom was and how she'd get to her locker before she ran out of time. She said that it made her wish I would come riding up with her helmet and say, "let's go for a ride and forget all of this mess."

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Last night when I talked to my girls about their first day of Jr High, one of them said that at one point she got really stressed with trying to figure out where her next classroom was and how she'd get to her locker before she ran out of time. She said that it made her wish I would come riding up with her helmet and say, "let's go for a ride and forget all of this mess."

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

OMG! That's the SWEETEST thing I've ever heard! I got a warm fuzzy FOR you! You're a lucky Dad, & she's a lucky daughter. Here's hoping you can make her wish come true one day at just the right moment!

Way to go Marcos, they will be bike junkies just like us. I started mine at about 11 or so. She worked on them, and loved to ride on the back until I got her one of her own. She didn't love the track, but she still likes to ride.

zx7daddy.jpg

dianajetting1.jpg

P1011203.jpg

Father's Day 2006, Dad and Daughter, the day she got her knee down on the racetrack.

_MG_5132.jpg

Doug, it was actually this ride to Cranfills with you guys when your daughter joined us that really put the thought in my head that I'd better start building that connection before too much time had passed.

They've always been right there when I've done maintenance on my bikes or cars, handing me wrenches, helping with little fingers to route wires, etc.

Now if I could only find decent boots to fit their long skinny feet and pants for bean poles. :D

Back