• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recomendations: Cool weather gear

Reaction score
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Baker
I am looking for apair of pants to wear when riding in the colder weather. I have a new Fieldsheer jacket that does a good job keeping me warm but the cooler air seems to cut right through jeans or dockers.

I am looking for something that I can wear over my dockers to keep me warm on the way in to work. Ideally they would be easy to get in and out of and cause as few wrinkles as possible. In addition to commuting duty I would want something I can wear on weekend (fun) rides as well and since I am not made of money shouldn't be too expensive.

Any recomendations or suggestions?

P.S. The lower part of my face and neck seem to get pretty chilly as well. Any recomendations?

Shannon, I know they're expensive, but I really like the Aerostich stuff. You could get the pants separately. I'm wearing mine 12 months out the year now (well, at least when I'm riding!)...

For neck/face warmth, I'm happy with the Aerostich Shellaclava (item 1050 at their web site:

1050.jpg

15 bucks, slightly pricey, but I like it.

HTH...

Cold Weather pants

Before I got my Honda Nylon Pants (toasty) I would just wear nylon warm up pants under my Joe Rocket Phoenix pants (very textile) and stay warm. Go to Academy and get a bellaclava (sp) or full face skiing mask (I use). Don't forget the warm socks. As long as my feet are warm, my legs can get pretty cold.

Paul

Back