• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camping near Austin Tx

shovel

Reaction score
First Name
andre
To all the wise, I pull a Kwik Kamp pop-up and like to have electricity at campsite and at least clean showers. Want to go toobing too. This is for this week preceding the pie run. Any suggestions?

McKinney Falls State Park is close to Austin. Lake Georgetown has a couple Corps of Engineers campgrounds. A hidden gem is Emma Long Park on Lake Austin if you can get in there. Everything might be pretty booked leading up to Labor Day so call ahead.

Only today discovered it was labor day. work shifts so dont know about wekends. Got a place at new Braunfels for the week end, will go toobing in the empty river.

Water levels are really low in the river. be prepared to get out and walk a lot. We opted for San marcos river a couple of weeks ago. San Marcos is spring fed and levels stay pretty much the same unless there is massive rain.

October 18th-19th lukenbach is having the annual HARVEST CLASSIC a group of friends and I are attending the rally. then on 20th, we are going to the Kerrville Schriener city park on the Guadalupe river.
last week I checked out the facilities at the park and found it an excellent place to camp, ride the hill country and up the road in Fredericksburg, great German food, plus the Nimitz museum.
We have it all in TEXAS.

Back