• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Sale: 2004 Vstrom 1000

Reaction score
2004 Suzuki Vstrom DL1000K4
12,2XX miles
$3,000 OBO
Located in Cypress, Tx

Photo album here.

It has the following installed:

Power Commander V
MadStad adjustable windshield bracket
Tinted short windscreen
Fork brace
Pro Taper Evo Adventure High Bars
Pro Taper bar clamps
Stainless steel front brake and clutch lines
Progrip 714 Rally grips
USB charging port
Custom larger kickstand foot
Upgraded suspension (not sure what, it was done by the previous owner)

Also included, but not installed:

Factory windshield
Factory handlebars
Seat Concepts seat cover and foam
10 oil filters
Magnetic drain plug

Excellent condition, garage kept, front tire like new, rear tire half worn, many accessories, very low mileage. *Both tires are Shinko 705's. *Clean Title in my name.

Last edited:
So...who wants to donate $4,000 to a bikeless dude? This thing is sweet! It's even the same color as my old 2003 SV1K.

man this bike is seriously tempting me. I saw the title and said to myself "it's probably not blue which is the color I'm holding out for" *opens thread* "well crap.....it's blue"

It's a great bike guys. Runs like a champ since the PCV got the fueling sorted. Pulls smoothly from 2500 on up. It's been ridden regularly in the time I've had it. The previous owner didn't ride it much, hence the low mileage. I just recently stumbled into a deal I couldn't pass up on a Ducati Hypermotard and don't have room for both in the garage!

I'd be happy to meet if you'd like to see it up close.

Last edited:
Not sure mine has ever had fueling issues. The PO thought it did but then found out the seals on the carbs were funky and he had mounted a pc5 on it to resolve the "fueling issue". After getting the carb gaskets replaed all I have noticed the pc5 doing is murdering the mpg's. I'm curious what kind of mileage you are getting on yours since you added the pc5? I'm thinking of taking it off mine this weekend while doing a filter check and some other maintenance items.

It gets about 185 miles before the bottom bar an the gas gauge starts flashing. The problems were only below 4000 rpm. It would chug and buck and generally run terribly. Typical lean condition for emissions. Well documented on stromtrooper.

My Ducati is actually worse, but harder to fix. It has a cat and the ecu runs closed cycle art low rpms. Screws up the fueling to the point that under about 3750 rpm in anything other than 1st and 2nd that the bike just shakes and barely accelerates. If you're in 3rd or 4th and roll on at 4000, there's a huge hit of power at 5000 when it switches of the closed cycle running. I'll fix it eventually. Just fat more costly than a PCV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I wonder if I could sneak this into the garage of the new house we're buying and tell her it came with it. Looks like a great deal, just wrong time for me right now.

Wow, 2 months, tough market. Seems like a fair price.

I'm looking at getting a travel trailer. More trips with the DR, no extra bikes.

I'm looking at getting a travel trailer. More trips with the DR, no extra bikes.

That will be cool ! Lots of good used toy haulers etc.
swing by sometime & you can look at how I manage that...... I wonder if you could put a trailer hitch lift for a mc on the back of a casita to counterweigh the tongue weight ? You can pull a Casita almost anywhere.

That will be cool ! Lots of good used toy haulers etc.
swing by sometime & you can look at how I manage that...... I wonder if you could put a trailer hitch lift for a mc on the back of a casita to counterweigh the tongue weight ? You can pull a Casita almost anywhere.
Ice actually got a trailer I'm looking at. The plan is to put the bike in the bed of the truck. The trailer is a 21' model that weighs only 3800 empty. Sound work out great.

Someone is going to get a LOT of bike for that price.

I took my 2005 DL1k to 102k miles and it was still running great when I sold it. Through that entire time, it needed one valve adjust, the countershaft seal replaced once, 1 set of clutch plates, and I swapped out the fuel pump for one off of a GSXR just in case when the stock one started to make the littlest bit of a funny noise.

So all things considered, I only had around $300-400 in service related parts over the span of a little over 100k miles. That isn't too bad at all if you ask me! The best part of all, was that I never had to change one light bulb on that bike. It had been crashed, dumped in the dirt quite a few times, ridden some nasty washboard roads all over the place, had both turn signal housings broken and being held together with e-tape, and been ridden through some pretty nasty weather throughout it's life, but still never burned out a bulb.

Back