• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - NOW WITH DIRT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the weather cooperates I'll be camping. This a tourist area. Bound to be plenty of campgrounds, state and private.

If the weather cooperates I'll be camping. This a tourist area. Bound to be plenty of campgrounds, state and private.

There are multiple camping places West of town off of Hwy 23/187 near Beaver Lake. I think there is also a place on 187 North of 23 where 187 crosses the White River (near the old suspension bridge). There might be a few places closer to town, but I don't know of any.

How are the dirt roads in Arkansas compare to roads in CO?
I'm riding NW Arkansas today with a friend who has ridden Colorado and he says the difference is that Arkansas dirt roads are far twistier with more smaller ups and downs so its like a roller coaster ride.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

I'm riding NW Arkansas today with a friend who has ridden Colorado and he says the difference is that Arkansas dirt roads are far twistier with more smaller ups and downs so its like a roller coaster ride.

Cool. I'm looking forward to this ride. I think Arkansas is my favorite place to ride.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Pacman, I'm up for anything for dinner, but not really a Thai/Asian kind of guy (at least as it relates to food :trust:). That said, I really enjoyed our meal at the Bavarian Inn last year. The most expensive meal of my trip but well worth it I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm unable to ride, need to be removed from the maybe :(

Cool. I'm looking forward to this ride. I think Arkansas is my favorite place to ride.

I rode through the Eureka Springs area this week coming from Branson to Bentonville, and then we rode back to Branson via Cassville MO. I don't know if it's my favorite place, but the roads that we were on were very good. Up, down, left, right, switchback, shuffle, repeat.

Up until the MO state trooper came running up my tailpipe and followed me for about 20 miles. :doh:

But I do agree with Scott on the humidity... ugh.

Eureka Springs Campground and RV Park, https://www.eurekaspringslodge.com/, has a few RV sites and tent sites open. I got a tent site.

IT'S FREE for veterans that weekend!

Their web page says no available sites because it a veterans only weekend, and it's FREE! Call quickly if you're interested.

Put me down as "in".

Last edited:
I rode through the Eureka Springs area this week coming from Branson to Bentonville, and then we rode back to Branson via Cassville MO. I don't know if it's my favorite place, but the roads that we were on were very good. Up, down, left, right, switchback, shuffle, repeat.

Up until the MO state trooper came running up my tailpipe and followed me for about 20 miles. :doh:

But I do agree with Scott on the humidity... ugh.

Mo 86 South of Cassville is crazy twisty and fun! I assume you cut back East on Mo 76 through the Mark Twain NF, which is a total roller coaster! I've not been up there in a while, but where 76 drops into Cape Fair, there was a nice little 50s style cafe on the corner of 76/173. We used to stop there back when I ran more group rides up through the area. After that, we'd head across the North side of Branson to US 160, Mo H, head North and pick up Mo 125 for the run back down to Peel's Ferry at Bull Shoals Lake. Mo H and 125 are superb roads.

If you head South from Cassville on Mo 37 to Washburn, you can pick up Mo 90 and run that West to Noel. This is the ultimate roller coaster twisty road. A local UPS driver turned me on to it many years ago while we were stopped in Cassville. He rode a Bandit 400. I like to make 90 an out and back ride.

Being in a state of Missouri sure puts ya on some nice roads....ya kno. So much so that Im leavin Sunday the 7th & hedded to SE MO.... Got a nice motel in Yellville & a cabin in Eminence...smack dab in a highlighted area on the Butler Ozarks map.
Will still be over at Eureka on Wed evenin tho..... Those roads in the more western parts of MO becon too

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I've not been up there in a while, but where 76 drops into Cape Fair, there was a nice little 50s style cafe on the corner of 76/173.

When I went there last fall it was closed. I enjoyed it the year before riding with LYNARD.

Being in a state of Missouri sure puts ya on some nice roads....ya kno. So much so that Im leavin Sunday the 7th & hedded to SE MO.... Got a nice motel in Yellville & a cabin in Eminence...smack dab in a highlighted area on the Butler Ozarks map.
Will still be over at Eureka on Wed evenin tho..... Those roads in the more western parts of MO becon too

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good plan Rod. I'll be headed north on Wednesday the 10th.

We're still sharing a room on Friday and Saturday right?

Last edited:
PSA: There are 2 days left to make room reservations. Whatever's left of our original block will be released to the general public and the group rate may not be available.

Is anyone riding in from DFW on Wednesday morning for this event?

Or is everyone trailering?

In the past most people have ridden up. Groups will form up at various locations around the state to travel together.

I'm trailering up mostly to ensure we have one at our hotel for recovery if it becomes necessary (and to ward off evil spirits so that no recoveries are necessary).

I was thinking about trailering but would ride with company

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Re: TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs

Hey there, my name is Mike and I'm an addict :)

Actually, as a former Houstonian and TWT'er who has lives a mere 45 miles east of Eureka Springs and who has ridden a little over 16k miles of dirt, gravel and forest service roads here in NW Arkansas on my WR250R in the last six years, I would like to humbly offer my services as a leader of dual sport rides for this rally.

I figure its the least I can do since a trip up here with Tourmeister for the fall 2006 road rally is the reason I now live here!

Lemme know..

Mike, Do you have any dual sport tracks you can share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back