• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GPS mount

Reaction score
So, I couldn't help it. I have been looking at getting a BMW and so I bought one in cahoots with my little brother. Well, after a few things were found to be not as easy to repair (as any German vehicle happens to be (clutch needs to be replaced)), I bought a new 2013 Tenere. The simplicity to find parts and cheaper parts made the decision for me (over $600 for a new clutch for the BMW). So, now that I have over a 1060 (all since the 18th) miles on her, it is time to mount a GPS and get some serious miles on her. I bought some aluminum with the intent on making my own cell phone holder/gps mount until I saw that there isn't much to bolt onto. What is everyone else doing? The the only metal I see are the bolts holding on the handle bars. I was hoping to mount it further back, like using the wind screen bolt holes. Any suggestions?

Ram Mount on handlebars worked fine for me. I then installed a Madstad and moved the Ram Mount to the GPS bar.

Techmount

330912_blk_on_taper_bars.jpg

Ram mount on the bars of my Tenere and hardwired into the electrical. Works as advertised.

Back