• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MV Motorrad Bar Riser

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Installed a this over the weekend and on my short test ride I'm VERY happy with the product.

I spotted this a few years ago and it's been on the wish list for a while. My last long ride consisted of two 800 mile days. I noticed that a nicer seat would be a good thing (purchased) and that I was leaning slightly forward in a position that revealed itself over the ride with a big knot in my shoulders.

At 5'7" with average length arms and legs, I've become accustomed to tippy toeing as well as being the proverbial monkey with the football. :rofl: This helps quite a bit with the last one.

You can only order direct from their Germany site listed below. Shipping is a tad steep but I ordered late on Friday, they shipped Monday morning and I had it in my hands on Wednesday.

I finally decided to jump on it because Greece has screwed up the Euro. I've seen folks getting these for $260+ shipped but everything at the moment came out to $216 to my door. Gotta love when exchange rates are in your favor. :D

The plate starts off by moving the bars 40mm closer to the rider and 20mm higher. Both of those are very good by themselves, but it also allows for adjustment of the angle of the bars within a 20 degree arc. This is huge for many riders allowing for either a tighter angle or a flatter angle. I haven't figured out where I want it yet but will be playing with that a little bit.

Here's a picture of the plate. Note: The hole above the logo is for the included ram ball mount. A nice addition and the result of customer feedback.

20150722_134719_HDR_zps6idvarrc.jpg

Here's a shot if it partially installed. This is to show how far back it's moved the bars as the plate bolts to the original bar mounting position at the top of the picture.

20150724_195123_HDR_zpsfuiyvqmm.jpg

The whole thing is pretty much a bolt on affair. There's a relocation bracket for both the brake lines and clutch line (Not needed on my AE) that are provided to give the extra room needed. Additionally the removal of one tie wrap for the left side controls was necessary. Otherwise an easy installation.

I looked and they have a lot of products for various bikes but I only see these for the FJR. Too bad because it's a very nice product that would possibly work well for folks with other bikes.

Manufacturer website - http://www.mv-motorrad.de/en/Yamaha+FJR+1300+2006+up+to+2014+MV+Handlebar+Adapter+Plate.htm

Note: That link is for the Gen II FJR but it is available for all variants. Gen I even offers a built in solar powered thermometer with remote sensor.

A thread full of happy riders reviewing this product is available over at the FJR Forum with lots of pics if you are interested.
http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser

Back