• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SW Motech - Saddle Bags for the AT

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Twisted Throttle had a great sale on some soft saddlebags for the Africa Twin so I thought what the heck let me try them. I just received them and installed one side, from what I can see they won't last one real ride with any weight on them.

Does anybody have real world experience with them?

Sure hope Twisted Throttle will let me return them like Revzilla does.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-dakar-soft-saddlebag-set-for-honda-africa-twin-crf1000l-16

I have added some photos too. They mount where the passenger pegs mount and then on the rear rack, but there is nothing tying one side to the other so all the downward force translates into a twist of the cast aluminum rack. All the weight is supported by the Velcro strap across the top of the seat.

Just seems like cheap junk to me. Guess I should bite the bullet and buy a real system!!!

20160901_233604833_iOS_zpszs3ehvc2.jpg

20160901_233617167_iOS_zps1uaoxkxt.jpg

20160901_233550833_iOS_zps4jmhtooh.jpg

20160901_233915299_iOS_zpsdr9d9weu.jpg

I am not sure but I think the rear rack is plastic.

I'm not familiar with those particular bags but I have a set of Ortlieb bags (roll-top, big) and a set of Vanucci bags (much smaller) that are "held together" with two wide Velcro (2") strips and that stuff is plenty strong.

Back