• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dawson Trip D2D

Looks like that would be an awesome trip. I only wish I could get the time off to do it, but that just isn't gonna happen :-(

I did it in 2014. An absolutely fantastic time. I have the group pic -- taken outdoors at midnight -- in my office. From there, I rode over into Alaska on the TOW highway... wet and challenging. met some super people and loved the welcome embrace of the locals.
I highly recommend it.
(But don't camp at Dawson City campground if it's wet. Those guys were a mess.)

Man Jerry, you're quick. We just talked about this at the Crockett Pie Run. I haven't even begun to plan ... Last year I missed this event by a week. One thing I did take away though, was that you had better get your reservations soon. There are lots of riders, Dawson isn't that big and the hotel rooms and camp sites go quick.

But here are a couple links to get you thinking.

From the 2016 D2D, with videos. We had a long conversation about Chicken AK in this thread:
ADVRider 2016 Dust to Dawson

Planning for this years event:
25th Anniversary (2017) of D2D

Last edited:
Yeah Joe, you are the one that got me thinking about it. I have 15 work days set aside for this trip. Thanks for the links

Yeah Joe, you are the one that got me thinking about it. I have 15 work days set aside for this trip. Thanks for the links

15 days may be a little tight. Just getting to Dawson City and back is around 8,000 miles. Throw in a couple days in Dawson for the D2D that's about 600 miles a day for 13 days. It will make for some long days, especially if you stay off the highway and see some of the sights.

15 days is very tight. I was gone 17 days including a day and a half in Dawson -- and didn't get. to Prudhoe.

15 work days might be three full weeks. Don't know if that is the case here or not.

Yes Gents 15 work days, so about 21 days total, I can o it quicker but want to take my time.

Back