• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mexico - April 14th-25th

texaspatrick

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Probably a long shot, but I'm looking for a fellow rider or two or nine to make a trip south of the border.

My dates are, unfortunately, very firm to cross on the 14th in McAllen, TX and be back in Austin on the 25th of April.

I haven't made a route yet, but I have a loose itinerary of things I missed during The Rundown that I want to do, along with a few things I want to see again.

Things include repelling to the bottom of Sotano de las Golondrinas, swimming with the snakes at el puente de dios, getting some sand between my toes and seeing some ruins. Aside from that list, I'm super easy going...We'll have plenty of time to stop for photos, drink beers, eat tacos and drink too much coffee. Think Tamasopo, Aquismon, San Luis Potosi, Xilitla areas.

I'm looking for some folks that are self sufficient, who are up and ready to roll at sunrise (A must. 100% serious) and are willing to adapt to situations/route changes and feelings for the day.

If you're serious and think you can make it, we can meet up somewhere in central texas beforehand and go over routes, plans and accommodations etc.

:rider::eat::rider::eat::rider:

webme_waterfall.jpg

+
2webace_mountains_4.jpg

Last edited:
" roll at sunrise (A must. 100% serious) ":giveup:

You might of cut off 90% of the community :rofl:

Sounds like a great trip. Have fun, take pics, write a report.

" roll at sunrise (A must. 100% serious) ":giveup:

You might of cut off 90% of the community :rofl:

haha I'm well aware! There isn't a lot that beats rolling up to a spot in the early morning sunlight before everyone else is awake and having it to yourself!

Maybe I should state not EVERY morning, but most mornings. You can sleep when you're dead! :eek2:

Unreal. We are 2-3 days apart. I'm 100% in barring total gasolina mayhem. Nearly
An identical initial itinerary, but start rd14, soltano de los golindrinas, las pozas, puente de
Dios, hot springs, then south to coast, Guatemala/Belize and back...woulda been nice to have company for part... I will be out west until the 17th... **** the luck.

Oops my bad. In excitement I'm actually off by two months.

Last edited:
Patrick!! I know I said no on the phone; but you had me at Mexico.
Okay, I am putting time off requests and see if I can change one shift and if so, I'm in. Can't pass this opportunity up after the great times we had during the last Mexico trip.
Hopefully my schedule works.
We should try to get The Rundown crew back together.

Dang it. Now I'm going to put for time off too. Can probably do 6 days of it .
I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Going to Mexico to scuba this Thursday . A few days of beach fun.
I'm crossing my fingers on this fuel price issue .

Last edited:
Vinny!!! Let's do it. I also may not have the entire 12 days off; but will try to get as much of it as possible. Maybe we can stagger the return trips so we can come back in small groups for those that can't get all the time off.

Dang it. Now I'm going to put for time off too. Can probably do 6 days of it .
I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Going to Mexico to scuba this Thursday . A few days of beach fun.
I'm crossing my fingers on this fuel price issue .

Vinny!!! Let's do it. I also may not have the entire 12 days off; but will try to get as much of it as possible. Maybe we can stagger the return trips so we can come back in small groups for those that can't get all the time off.

Same with me - hard to get out before the 15th, and may have to go to Cabo on the 24th, but I'd sure love to get down there with y'all. I'm more of a party late and sleep in type, but can adjust when necessary. :sun:

I am about ready to do another trip, despite the the warning threads. New to me bike is almost ready. I haven't chosen an area yet, but there is still plenty of exploring to be done in the sierra gorda. I'll keep an eye on this one...

I am about ready to do another trip, despite the the warning threads. New to me bike is almost ready. I haven't chosen an area yet, but there is still plenty of exploring to be done in the sierra gorda. I'll keep an eye on this one...

What bike ? Did I forget of a purchase?

Just received my new contract . Won't be making this trip :doh: . Those dates weren't approved . It was a long shot anyway .

I did it! I have all 12 days off, and Patrick and I have started making plans.
Vinny! Sucks you can't make it; we'll ride again some other time.
If anyone else is interested, let Patrick know.
Should be a ton of fun.

The stars have just about aligned correctly, so I'm in if this is still on. I have to go to Detroit on 4/25, so I'll peel off a little early in order to get home late on the 23rd. Give me a shout and let me know what's up.

The stars have just about aligned correctly, so I'm in if this is still on. I have to go to Detroit on 4/25, so I'll peel off a little early in order to get home late on the 23rd. Give me a shout and let me know what's up.

U comin back d 23rd ? But r headin down there when ?

Back