• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I think I made an expensive mistake this morning.

Wow, that's a close brush with that tree!

Yea, maybe now she'll understand why I get angry when we spend money on stupid stuff instead of bike stuff. :rofl:

Yes... close with the tree! Not sure Shauna will ever understand that. I'd rather have dirt bike parts and gear!

trail_selfie.jpg

Some fun single track at Barnwell! We were riding the yellow course. She did well. She does want me to ditch work (vacation day) this week on her day off so we can go ride though. :eek2: She gets odd days off during the week.

She does want me to ditch work (vacation day) this week on her day off so we can go ride though. :eek2: She gets odd days off during the week.

Retail schedules can be good and bad. When I worked at the theater I missed out on a lot of stuff with my friends having to work every weekend night. But those days off when I could do things where I had the whole place to myself were awesome.

so is that a CRF150F or 230F jason? My wife has the 230F and has ridden the TAT, CDR, WABDR, COBDR, UTBDR and countless other trails. They are not very powerful but are really easy to ride (shame the suspension is so poor on them) and seem to go for ever, the electric start is such a great addition for a female rider (most hate to kickstart a bike!). Hope the wife enjoys it and keeps riding.

Gary

CRF230F. Wife couldn't wait, so we went out yesterday to Trophy Club so she could try it out. I got to turn and burn a few laps on it and found out a few things.

1. My dirt skills are so rusty.
2. It's quite the capable bike. Not going to win any races but it's a hoot to blast around on. This one is a keeper for sure.
3. Yea, as long as we keep the wheels on the ground it's not too terribly bad. But when your son says "Dad, do a jump" you kind of have to. We'll hold off future jumping till the KTM is back up and running.

Mom and son having a blast.

2017-02-19%2012.04.58_zpscpjet8zb.jpg

Wife and kid riding is just awesome.
Congratulations J!

Looks like you guys have a fun day. I thought I saw something that said the trails were closed at TC the other day.

Retail schedules can be good and bad. When I worked at the theater I missed out on a lot of stuff with my friends having to work every weekend night. But those days off when I could do things where I had the whole place to myself were awesome.

My only issue is I really don't have a good place to ride during the week. Love to do RRMT, but the buy for weekdays the is membership for 135 and its a pretty long drive if you have to fight morning traffic. Always nice to have to whole place to your self. We can go places that are normally swamped with ATV and SXS with out worry.

Looks like you guys have a fun day. I thought I saw something that said the trails were closed at TC the other day.

Yea, trails were closed on Saturday. We got up Sunday morning and the status hadn't changed. I called and the guy who answered told me the trails would be closed all day. I decided we'd go check out Brushy Creek. I was a little hesitant as I've never been there so didn't know what kind of area there'd be for me to work with her on the clutch as the TC beginner area is great. We loaded up and got in the car and started out when my wife opened Facebook and saw the status update on TC saying the trails were open so we headed that way.

Good to see a radical investment in ATGATT for the kid. Do the same for Mom and the first time she lays it down you'll be her hero.

Bought her the helmet, gloves and boots. Loaned her my knee pads but she forgot to put on my elbow pads for the ride in the picture. More gear coming for sure.

Good stuff Jasen, I have a picture of that baby kid in a FZ top box somewhere in the archive, now he is riding. So cool the wife is getting into it too.

Good stuff Jasen, I have a picture of that baby kid in a FZ top box somewhere in the archive, now he is riding. So cool the wife is getting into it too.

Somewhere I've got Chris's tailgunner photoshopped version. But this'll have to do for now.

IMG_2388_zpspq1cdyzb.jpg

The photoshop and the shirt were done by Chris, who goes by "DancesWithCurves" on this site.

Back