• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Removing heated grips

Reaction score
OK, I just picked up another bike with bent bars and heated grips, anybody got any ideas for removing the clutch side?? It appears to be one piece on a tube that`s glued to the bar. Ideas or just scrap it? And no I don`t know what brand it is...:eek2:

Yea, you can find Youtube videos using this procedure to install new grips. Most cut their old grips off but that's not an option for you, nor was it for me for my FJR stock heated grips. Basically the procedure is the opposite of what you'll see on youtube for installation. Get the grip a little bit up and then blast air in there. It should inflate enough to allow you to slide them off without destroying them.

I need to look at it closer, but it appears that it has a hard plastic inner tube that is glued to the handlebar. At work now, and investigate more tomorrow.

Just cut the wires and get heated glove liners, much warmer

Cut a small slit in the end of the grip and put the nozzle of an air gun in there. They will often blow up just enough to remove. If the glue has them really stuck inject some acetone or goof off in as far as you can.

As to the grip heaters or heated glove debate, I vote both!

Back