• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Trails Regular Saturday Ride

FiddyK is in the Hiz-Ouse.

Been living it for a while, wife is coming aboard.

That's why I ride a KLR :) so I can ride a Honda :p (once again)

Thanks Paul, hope to ride with you again soon.

FiddyK is in the Hiz-Ouse.

Been living it for a while, wife is coming aboard.

That's why I ride a KLR :) so I can ride a Honda :p (once again)

Thanks Paul, hope to ride with you again soon.

hoping to ride this one. depends on a couple things. wills be watching this thread.

I'm on hour 15 so far today at work. Boss says take tomorrow off. I'm gonna go check out how much water is left on the Bastrop trails tomorrow. Hmu if you're interested. It'll be an early start but not zero dark early. Just late enough to let traffic die down.

Re: Bastrop Trails Random and Irregular Ride

Heading out to bastrop. Meeting up at bucees around 10am today. Anyone want to go ride in some mud?

Bastrop is a fun place but I HATE MUD. :)

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Bastrop is a fun place but I HATE MUD. :)
Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953PkxFNiko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953PkxFNiko[/ame]

Bastrop trails exists because of an incomplete housing development. Regulatory and financing issues prevented the building of Unit 6 which is the area where most of the riding happens. About a year and a half ago the City of Bastrop, the Pine Forest Property Owners Association and a new developer entered into a new agreement that was supposed to fast track the development of Unit 6. Right now it looks liked the progress is stalled again.

Lol, I posted up. I've been trying to figure out some of Joel's single track and now that I have some sort of gps I'm gonna be out there more often.

I also have the tracks in my gps, the area maybe changed a little already so I was thinking we may try to open new small trails, just cut a little here and there, connecting roads...make the trails a little more fun in a smaller area maybe? :trust:

That's what we've been doing, rain had delayed the development for a while. I'm sick of the rain, although everyone seems to think we need it :(

Like I always say...
"Water it is like hair.....you never have it where you need it"

Oscar

I know there are a few trails that are off of the platted roads, and I have led y'all down some of them.

However, please be aware that the reason we have never been hassled out there is because 98% of the time we are on the roads. The sheriff's office WILL TICKET if you are found off of the road, and if they find a bunch of new trail cut out of the lots you can bet that they will focus their attention our way.

It's not like a even have a dirt bike right now, but I just had to preach the gospel.

Carry on! :)

I know there are a few trails that are off of the platted roads, and I have led y'all down some of them.

However, please be aware that the reason we have never been hassled out there is because 98% of the time we are on the roads. The sheriff's office WILL TICKET if you are found off of the road, and if they find a bunch of new trail cut out of the lots you can bet that they will focus their attention our way.

It's not like a even have a dirt bike right now, but I just had to preach the gospel.

Carry on! :)

:thumb:

Good to see you post up!

Yeah, I'm am official lurker. Oh well!

Yeah, I'm am official lurker. Oh well!
Naah you're not a lurker, you still ride pavement. Pretty dang fast so I've heard also. Lol

You started this thread so you can tell everybody that you have the biggest Bastrop thread on TWT. JMZ will like that one :wink:

_

Naah you're not a lurker, you still ride pavement. Pretty dang fast so I've heard also. Lol

You started this thread so you can tell everybody that you have the biggest Bastrop thread on TWT. JMZ will like that one :wink:

_

:rofl:

Hey Rolling J, we miss riding with you! When will we see you rolling down a trail again. (You know you still wanna ride those dirt bikes.) Here is hoping that your self imposed bike less condition soon passes, and you get yourself back on a dual sport. We need you to put together another marathon adventure ride like that 24 hour endurance trek you Gary & I did from Ft Worth to Lubbock and back on dirt roads. That was a hoot! Hope all is going well, and we see you out on the trails again soon. :rider:

I'm trying to get back in the dirt. Every time the funds seem to be there life happens.

Back