• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RedNeck Ramble Dualsport ride

I plan on being there. Will be riding up from The Woodlands in a KLR 650. It would be great if anyone else from Houston wants to ride up there together.

CDK...that is a great idea. I'll look into that. Right now I have T-shirts printed up with that logo on it. You get one free shirt for early registration. REL

Is this ride for big adventure bikes or smaller true dualsports? Thanks

Hey Woodsguy, this ride is very do-able on the bigger DS bikes. The 220 miles has some GREAT scenery. The dirt just keeps on coming....you will be asking yourself where did all this come from. 113 miles of dirt and 75 % of the pavement is rough back roads that we DS rides enjoy also. Hope you and your buddies can make it. Littlegeneral

chiricahua, not at all..you can register for the ride and next week I will start emailing the GPS file out to all who has already paid. You can then use them whenever you want to...it's a great ride. Littlegeneral

General..........
Not everyone likes or gets on Facebook.......Could you please post on here a bit more information about this ride.....Myself and possibly 3 other KTM riders are interested in making this.....
Questions:.......How many riders signed up so far..?
What time are kick stands up...?
Address of starting point...?
What does the $40 include....Lunch...? Or just a T-shirt....
Do you have any photos of previous rides in this area......I think some on here, would like to see some dirt pics
Is there any trail riding sections, or just country dirt roads......All of us are on 690 DS bikes
Is your Fri class, for advanced riders or for beginners..?
Thanks.......Doc

I'm all signed up.
I will be riding from The Woodlands/Conroe with another buddy on Friday.
We will riding the long course, spend a second night in Cleburne and will ride back Sunday morning.
If anyone wants to join us for the ride there and back that would be great.
We will both be on KLRs.

Doc B, thanks for the questions, I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the way we set up the links in the first post of this tread, that anyone could get to them…sorry. As for your questions I now have about 50 signed up…but a lot that say they are coming and not pre-entered yet.
1. Friday night at the motel we will have a one hour talk and slide show by Kim Harrison on different ways to load your bike for the long DS ride. I can’t start to list all his back ground in this, to much, but he has DS rode to Alaska, most of the TAT, south to the north end of the SOR and much more.
2. After Kim I will have a little talk about you and your DS suspension. This will be the basics that are overlooked much of the time. There will be some hands on experience with a slide show too.
3. After these two presentations we will have a complete route briefing with pic’s and power point. Those attending this will be able to get up Saturday morning and depart when they please.
4. Riders meeting at 8am Saturday morning…then depart at your time choose.
5. Ride headquarters is :
Holiday Inn Express—1800 W. HendersonSt.—Cleburne Texas.
6. The $40 entry includes both of the Saturday night classes, roll chart or flat route chart for tank bag, and T-shirts for the pre-entered. T-shirts will be on sale at ride location for $15 as long as they last.
7. There are no trails on this ride, but the long route has 113 miles of unpaved roads and the short route has 83miles unpaved. The scenery is great.
8. Friday night will be for expert and beginners—I started Dualsport riding in 1964 and I am still learning.
HERE IS A DIRECT LINK FOR SIGN-UP: http://goo.gl/forms/ugs20Uy0K0
Thanks again for all the great questions, I’m looking forward to meeting you and your gang. Littlegeneral

Last edited:
Can a rider show up the day of the event and register? Also, what pace can we expect? Is that up to the discretion of each group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Btweaver13, yes you can register the day of the ride. You can form your own group and ride at the pace you like, or if you pre-entry you can select to be in a lead group and I'll put you in one to match the way you want to ride. Try and make it to the Friday night classes for they will be very informative. Thanks for the question. More information and entry form at dualsportuniverse.com Littlegeneral

Last edited:
Just think...next Saturday we will be having a big adventure as we ride the Texas Redneck Ramble. And yes, this is a road on the Ramble. Sign up at this link. dualsportuniverse.com

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 187
I've rode several rides up in NW Arkansas with Robert E Lee and I can guarentee that he does not dissapoint! Really looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve REL!

Robert, sorry to miss this ride.

Having ridden a lot of this area with you in the past, this will be a great ride for all those that are attending.

Finally registered! Looking forward to it ...especially after all this rain, wont be as dusty and a few places could be interesting:rider:

Yep there's been a lot of water down in this part of the county.

You guys should be in for a "treat." If you aren't on knobbies it could be a long day if he's using some of the "roads" I normally put on my routes. I'm not even thinking of attempting Arkysaw Hill right now.

And the stuff MacDaddy leads people on around here ain't much better.

From today:
e595c5ce79000b88d7f59a05a1da7b3d.jpg

9bf16bf9c0bb05865a0ad534641f37a2.jpg

Yep there's been a lot of water down in this part of the county.

You guys should be in for a "treat." If you aren't on knobbies it could be a long day if he's using some of the "roads" I normally put on my routes. I'm not even thinking of attempting Arkysaw Hill right now.

And the stuff MacDaddy leads people on around here ain't much better.

So true! I want no part of black land Hill county roads right now:eek2:

As you saw on TV this morning the ride area had a major storm hit it last night. We will be ride checking Thursday and Friday to make sure the bad spots are passable. If not a re-route will be available. At least we will have 3 days of sun before Saturday gets here. I'll have a report for y'all on Thursday night. LET'S RIDE....REL

Last edited:
The Redneck Ramble Tee's are in.....Me being a Walmart underwear model, I thought my wife would let me model it for y'all, but she said HECK NO:doh:

Attachments

• IMG_2407 (2).jpg
    IMG_2407 (2).jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 167
veriest1...Thanks for the pic....Littlegeneral

Last edited:
Back