• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Magnetic Tank Bag and Digital data

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Allen
Are there any problems using magnetic tank bags and storing digital data such as cameras, credit cars and so on?

What are your experiences? :confused:

Hmmmm, I never really thought of it. I use a tank bag everyday and I have had no problems with my Ipod, camera or bank cards.

Same here, I've used a tank bag every day and never a problem with MP3's, camera, credit cards, or anything else. The biggest problem it cause was when one of the magnets picked up a screw off the floor somewhere and it got sandwiched between the tank and the bag.:doh:

The biggest problem it cause was when one of the magnets picked up a screw off the floor somewhere and it got sandwiched between the tank and the bag.:doh:

same with metal filings - harder to see but still make scratches.

I usually have my camera in the top case and haven't really used the tank bag for any digital stuff...

Thanks guys, I talked to one guy that got his credit cards erased in his tank bag but didnt get to ask him if maybe he took it off and carried it with the magnets folded under or something???

I want to use one for my camel back type bag and to hook my camera to on a retractor. That way if I need to I can just drop the camera and it will pull down to the bag :phead:

I've been using a Super Mini-tank bag with magnetic attach for a couple years, carry my wallet all the time, camera and MP3 from time-to-time and have never had a data loss. I take care to keep the bottom of my bag clean and don't set it down where it can collect dirt and metal parts.

Well I guess the hunt will be on now for one that will fit my V Star and not look to much like a saddle on a sow
:coffee: thanks guys

i have put usb drives, flash memory cards, cams hard drives, tapes, no problem. Now i didn't rub them with the magnets but i there there is enough between the magnet and media that you should not have a issue.

I ordered one of these Rapid Transit Stack but could not figure out how to get it to fit my bike so they are sending me the magnetic one.

I must say the folks at New Enough are great to work with. I ordered it sun and it was supposed to be here Tues but Fed Ex did not get it here until wed, when I talked to them today theyare going to try to have my new one here tomorrow so I can take it camping Sat. :rider:

good deal, you shouldn't have a problem - I regularly transport my laptop, digital SLR, and iPod in my magnetic tank bag, haven't had any problems at all.

good deal, you shouldn't have a problem - I regularly transport my laptop, digital SLR, and iPod in my magnetic tank bag, haven't had any problems at all.

I got the new bag and have found out that even a terry cloth hand towel between the magnets they just will barley stick together.

One thing I do need to find though is a new set of magnets that are rectangle, the ones used in this bag are round pucks. A long narrow type of magnetic would follow the contour of my tank better but it still works
:mrgreen:

Glad to see this thread as I've just received my new Chase Harper 450 Magnetic Tank Bag. Of course it has the warning about putting cards, cameras, or any memory device in it.
Thanks for putting my mind to rest (I'm planning on carrying my wallet, iPod, and cell phone in there).

Back