• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous (Sept. 19-21)

I'm a strong possibility. Should have my new supertanker broken in and farkled up by then.
Had such a great time last year despite the rainy day.

Remember that early registration ends August 1st. ($42)(With T-shirt). At the rally it will be $50. ( no guarantee for T-shirt)

Steve

Time is getting close. Kat Roberts was kind enough to create a PDF file easier to use than my Word Doc. So please use it...Kat will post it. Send it to me and use Paypal for payment...use drmoons@mangomoons.com for PayPal account. We need to know for sure how many will be at the rally, so PLEASE contact me by phone, e-mail, or snail mail. Some have already send snail mail registrations. See you there! peace, Prof

Hello, all!

We've created a pdf form for you to fill out and email or print and mail, with a link to PayPal and all the info that you'll need.

If you want to make the Prof's life a little easier, change the file name of your registration form to "RichMountainReg_yourname.pdf" before you email it to him.

Download it, save it, share it, spread it around - but most important - fill it out and send it in! August 1 is coming up quick but this is so worth going even if you are a little late to the registration party. I know you'll love this event! :sun:

Attachments

• RichMtnReg_OpFinal.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
Time is getting close. Kat Roberts was kind enough to create a PDF file easier to use than my Word Doc. So please use it...Kat will post it. Send it to me and use Paypal for payment...use drmoons@mangomoons.com for PayPal account. We need to know for sure how many will be at the rally, so PLEASE contact me by phone, e-mail, or snail mail. Some have already send snail mail registrations. See you there! peace, Prof

Steve: How about an updated post with registered participants?

Paid via PayPal, registration form sent via email. I noticed the event just in time not to be late for registration. :-D

Pavement trip on the GS might be in order. Will verify as it nears.

Questions:
Is it now too late to sign up / must wait to do so at the event?

Will there be led pavement rides or is it kind of an ad hoc every person for themselves deal? ( I am not familiar with the area)

If tent camping, Is there parking for my truck + moto trailer? (thinking about driving up in truck with uhaul trailer = feeling better on arrival)

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered and paid. Now just waiting on a bike. :pray:

Otherwise I've just made a donation to a worthy cause.

Will be riding up from Austin (with Woodbutcher? et al?) and tent camping.

Will be doing all paved rides while getting accustomed to the new beast (unless RedBrown sends me on a "shortcut" over the mountain again :lol2:).

Questions:

Will there be led pavement rides or is it kind of an ad hoc every person for themselves deal? ( I am not familiar with the area)

If tent camping, Is there parking for my truck + moto trailer? (thinking about driving up in truck with uhaul trailer = feeling better on arrival)

Thanks.

Diving in to say it is not too late! Early registration ended but please do join in! You will not regret it. There will be people organizing themselves into groups for rides, some planned, some whichever way looks good. Some folks just head out for their own adventures - whatever fits you is what you will find!

There is plenty of parking available in addition to numbered RV sites if you choose to have a dedicated space. Otherwise you can hang out in a tent in the field with a bunch of us :-)

Last edited:
Put me down as definite maybe. Will register onsite. Time to get my TW200 a little dirty.

Registered and paid. Now just waiting on a bike. :pray:

Otherwise I've just made a donation to a worthy cause.

Will be riding up from Austin (with Woodbutcher? et al?) and tent camping.

Will be doing all paved rides while getting accustomed to the new beast (unless RedBrown sends me on a "shortcut" over the mountain again :lol2:).

Probably not with me. Have limited vacation due to niece getting married in Oct. so I can only do one Arkansas trip this year so I'm going over Labor Day weekend...saves one day of vacation that way. Otherwise I'd do both.

Of course, plans change...

Questions:

Thanks.

Doyle, you tag up with like minded riders and figure out where to go. CDC (Camilo) will be there. If I remember correctly, he was in our group for the RTB rally last year. He's a good guy to ride with. Very sane, won't lead you astray.

Probably not with me. Have limited vacation due to niece getting married in Oct. so I can only do one Arkansas trip this year so I'm going over Labor Day weekend...saves one day of vacation that way. Otherwise I'd do both.

Of course, plans change...

Ah, well then, with any luck at all, I'll ride with you to Clarksville.

Doyle, you tag up with like minded riders and figure out where to go. CDC (Camilo) will be there. If I remember correctly, he was in our group for the RTB rally last year. He's a good guy to ride with. Very sane, won't lead you astray.

Thanks Rusty - will do.
Trying to make a decision on this trip.
This is much further than I have gone before.....I am not conditioned for 7-8 hours in the saddle yet!
I am considering leaving Thursday, avoiding Interstates, and stopping to camp at Coopers Lake State Park - North of Sulpher Springs. That would give me about 170 miles to go on Friday morning.
Either that or rent a trailer and drive the Suburban.

Checking on vacation time and other schedule considerations now.

I hope your enjoy your upcoming EPIC trip in Ark.

To be in Arkansas twice in the same month it will be a record for me!
Looking forward to the camping experience . . . .:eek:

To all: I just got home from extended trip to Montana to see family....was not in good internet setting. At Present, there are 9 paid and 18 promises to be at Rich Mountain. I will be guessing on shirt sizes. Tell me by Monday 25th and it won't be too late.

I expect more....many show at the last minute. Cynthia and the CASA Kids need our help and the rally, though small, has food, car museum, some of the best off-road AND pavement riding around. Camping is great, showers are clean, and the participants are absolutely the finest folks on two wheels.

From Cynthia:

Those of you that have attended the Rich Mountain Rendezvous before know that J.V. and Paula Brotherton are big supporters of CASA. They are also very thankful for the rally participants because you have donated so generously to our program throughout the years. The Brotherton's own the incredible ESSO and Studebaker stations and they also own a company here in town called BRODIX. This is a well known company that makes cylinder heads and probably other things as well. The reason I am sharing this information with you is to let you know that they are allowing rally Rich Mountain Rendezvous participants to tour their company if you are interested in doing so. They are only open Monday through Friday so you will have to tour their company one of those days. If you would like more information about their company please check their website www.brodix.com.

Please contact me with completed application.....that way I can get a somewhat accurate count to be ready....I do hope you show up. peace, Steve

Working on various schedules for me and other folks, so we might have a few more faces, but likely won't know much 'til Wed/Thur.

Back