• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Road Gator bit at my right hand and leg...

Glad it was ok. I've heard some alarming stories about road debris.

My personal one was seeing a mattress in the middle of I-30

Wow that was fast! Good to see it just knocked his camera off angle.

I was coming home from a trip to California in the fall of 1999. Riding into Fort Worth, where Loop 820 and I20 first intersects, I saw a truck ahead of me with a full size mattress in the bed. It looked less than secure and I'd just to started to move away from the truck when the mattress sprung free and went sailing off the truck, and landed right where I had been. I have no doubt it would've gone down from either getting hit by it or running into it. The road can be a challenging place, lots of debris either on the road or about to be on the road.

Ride safe y'all.

**** Cheez, glad it didn't totally ruin your day. I know last week after that big wind storm blew in there was a ton of debris on 30 when I was coming back from Ft Wth. All the construction barrles from down by 360 had blown off their rubber bases and the bases were just laying in the middle of the roads and cars were hitting them and flipping them up. I figured if one of those got me it would probably hurt about as bad as a manhole lid hitting me either way!!!! I just slowed down and hugged the far right lane so I had an emergency egress....

A few years ago, I was driving my Nissan in holiday bumper-to-bumper 70mph traffic on I-35, around Hillsoboro. A truck ahead of me threw an entire carcass and suddenly, this 40-pound flying, spinning donut was sailing backwards at me at a combined closing speed of probably 90mph. With under 2 seconds to react and vehicles in close quarters in every direction, all I could do was tap the brakes just enough that I caught the tire on my hood instead of into my windshield. I've thought about it many times since then; if I'd been on a bike in the same situation, I could have ended up a statistic.

My girlfriend was driving her Infiniti when she had a truck tire land on her car and totaled it. If it would have hit somebody on a bike it would be over..

15157133978_1b2e2a2220_o.jpg
390308_2672953497588_746487557_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

WEljo2001- I went to youtube and watch this about 7x's in big screen. Two tires ended up rolling down the highway. At first I thought the whole axle came undone and both wheels let go. But I don't think that was the case. It seems that the boat might have hit a lone tire laying in the road, which caused its drivers-side boat trailer wheel to come off…and nearly run into you. Crazy stuff. Good footage too. Thanks for sharing.

-CJB

WEljo2001- I went to youtube and watch this about 7x's in big screen. Two tires ended up rolling down the highway. At first I thought the whole axle came undone and both wheels let go. But I don't think that was the case. It seems that the boat might have hit a lone tire laying in the road, which caused its drivers-side boat trailer wheel to come off…and nearly run into you. Crazy stuff. Good footage too. Thanks for sharing.

-CJB

Thanks, It was a weird day. At the first of the full video i was watching the guy to my left and hit the sign on the right. It could have been a lot worse for me. Then on the tire i saw one shoot back and another one come toward me. Not sure if the first one came off the trailer or not..

-CJB

oh wow! good catch, he hit a whole wheel and it snapped his trailer axle.

Back