• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Central Texas Powersports

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Hello,

I'm in need of a new set of tires and they gave me a good quote on some tires.

Can anyone here recommend Central Texas Powersports for service?

I would have them remove, mount, and balance the new tires. Thanks.

Tires at most dealers are a lost leader.. there is NO profit in them at most places.
And many shops take a financial hit overall on tires...when just the wheels are brought in.

Remove the sprocket carrier if removable and all spacers,,, keep them safe at home.
Check brake rotor and ABS wheels for dings dents bends before WITH the service advisor, and then at pick up.
Note any dings, scratches, dents on wheel WITH service advisor and again at pick up.
Check for proper tire install ,, rotation direction, limited weight useage for balance ( like to see under an OZ on front, under 1.5oz on rear, but there really is no standard..balanced is balanced)
If weight is excessive ask if the tire was broken down and rotated 180, then ballance tired again.

Oh and yes I have bought and had tires installed there several years ago before I have the equipment to do it in house.. Never any issues.. but times change, and things happen, so buyer beware and do your due diligence.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm in need of a new set of tires and they gave me a good quote on some tires.

Can anyone here recommend Central Texas Powersports for service?

I would have them remove, mount, and balance the new tires. Thanks.

ive bought two bikes from them, numerous parts, and had them do my tires a bunch. never had a problem, i like the place.

Their tire prices are as cheap as you can find on the internet and the labor charges are very reasonable.

Back