• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from georgetown

TGTUMBLEWEED

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Last Name
Musgrove
HOWDY FOLKS,
TWO GUN TUMBLEWEED HERE FROM GEORGETOWN. THANKS FOR LETTING ME JOIN YOUR GROUP. STILL TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK THIS STUFF. BACK IN THE SADDLE AFTER 16 YRS OF BEING SCOOTERLESS. BEEN HANKERIN TO GET INTO DUAL SPORT RIDIN, SO I PICKED UP A JUST LIKE NEW 2012 DRZ A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO TO GET STARTED. BEEN DOIN SOME RIGGIN AND ENGINEERING ON IT TO GET IT UP TO THE SPECS I HAVE BEEN READIN ABOUT. ALMOST THERE, I THINK. I HAVE BEEN EXPLORING ALL THE BACKROADS IN MY AREA BUT WANT TO VENTURE OUT WITH LIKE MINDED FOLKS FOR SINGLE OR MULTI DAY RIDES.

Attachments

• IMG_0893[1].jpg
    IMG_0893[1].jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0894[1].jpg
    IMG_0894[1].jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 145
I AM A CAMPAHOLIC. JUST NEVER HAVE OFF A BIKE, BUT MORE THAN READY TOO. I WOULD MORE DETAILS ON IT.

THANKS, IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH JUST SHOWING UP AND PITCHING A TENT OR DO I NEED TO CALL AHEAD?

THANKS, IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH JUST SHOWING UP AND PITCHING A TENT OR DO I NEED TO CALL AHEAD?

Just show up. Everyone is invite the more the merrier. All brands all makes all models. If I remember the camp spot is $5.00 so affordable for everyone. Watch for deer in the late evenings on and by the road to the park.:eek2: I cannot make it till late Saturday have to work.

Howdy tumbleweed. Recent recruit to this twt site as well, from here in Austin. While I don't think I can make it out to Llano this weekend I'm looking into a multi-day camp/ride in the coming weeks with some amigos. Welcome and keep in touch. Check out the red neck ramble and the SLAP rally coming up in the next few weeks.

I AM A CAMPAHOLIC. JUST NEVER HAVE OFF A BIKE, BUT MORE THAN READY TOO. I WOULD MORE DETAILS ON IT.

Welcome to TWT. I had some reservations initially about moto-camping when I first started but just pack your stuff and show up. It gets easier and it's more fun each time out. Not to mention the friendships we make and the good times we share along the way. And someone is always cooking something to share with everyone else. Don't get no more better than that! Hope to see you at the next one.:rider::eat:

thanks for all the replies and welcomes. this seems to be a great place to meet other riders and find new places to ride. I attended the stom a thon this year and had a great time. hard to find dirt to ride around here.
Dmux, i spent a lot of time growing up around Normangee and North Zulch. Still have family there but only get there for short weekends at holidays. i know there are a great many roads to ride around there and hope to make one of the rides yall do around there soon. And , cant wait to make the Galeana trip. wanted to this year but work got in the way.
later taters

thanks for all the replies and welcomes. this seems to be a great place to meet other riders and find new places to ride. I attended the stom a thon this year and had a great time. hard to find dirt to ride around here.
Dmux, i spent a lot of time growing up around Normangee and North Zulch. Still have family there but only get there for short weekends at holidays. i know there are a great many roads to ride around there and hope to make one of the rides yall do around there soon. And , cant wait to make the Galeana trip. wanted to this year but work got in the way.
later taters

Great ! Yes lots of roads right here at home...did abt 200 miles on my XR today. Look me up when ur nearby. I'm just off OSR on 1452 within a rocks throw. There is a Mexico trip in April to Jalpan. It'll spoil you....but I recommend it highly !

I know exactly where you are. will be there for thanksgiving to spend the day with my 94 yr old grandmother off of 1452. will try to make it there another time to ride because she will beat me if she knows i came that far just to ride a bike without spending time with her. I will have to do both another time. I have been watching and drooling over the april trip to jalpan. If all goes right, i will be there.
later taters

I know exactly where you are. will be there for thanksgiving to spend the day with my 94 yr old grandmother off of 1452. will try to make it there another time to ride because she will beat me if she knows i came that far just to ride a bike without spending time with her. I will have to do both another time. I have been watching and drooling over the april trip to jalpan. If all goes right, i will be there.
later taters

Cool, spend every minute you can with Grandmother !

Back