• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do We...

What are you going to buy to replace it?

a KTM!! :rofl::lol2:

I paid my fourth weekly visit to check on the progress on my bike, now shoved into a back room collecting dust.

CE3CE3CA-4170-4BAD-986E-1D3D75F2A2F7_zpstv9oimwa.jpg

a whole month it has been down there, allegedly they now supposedly have both A & B gasket sets required and will NOW open the engine up and if there was no reason for it to be leaking, it will be back together and ready Tuesday.

a KTM!! :rofl::lol2:

I paid my fourth weekly visit to check on the progress on my bike, now shoved into a back room collecting dust.

CE3CE3CA-4170-4BAD-986E-1D3D75F2A2F7_zpstv9oimwa.jpg

a whole month it has been down there, allegedly they now supposedly have both A & B gasket sets required and will NOW open the engine up and if there was no reason for it to be leaking, it will be back together and ready Tuesday.

Yep those singles are super complicated.:doh:

What are you going to buy to replace it?

Not entirely sure but it will probably be a Honda. It doesn't have to be a dual sport.

The BMW mechanic did tell me that singles are more difficult to adjust. In any case, I think the G650GS like all other BMWs and most European bikes are over engineered. Honda has so far steered clear of more electronics for the majority of their bikes and I like that. I don't need 3 or more different engine maps, traction control, electronic suspension and I don't know what else.

Back