• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Eastern Beaver Two thumbs Up

E.Marquez

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
I have mentioned Eastern Beaver http://easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html
As one of my trusted OEM motorcycle electrical connector supplier in a thread or two over the years..

But a recent purchase issue, and complete customer satisfaction result begs a thread on its own.

I found Eastern Beaver in 2003 or so looking for some OEM turn signal connectors.. The OEM only sold them as part of a full service repair kit, to the tune of more than $500...

I have since order from Jim at Eastern Beaver many times, always in the $30-80 range in total.
Jim has a $20 min order policy, and uses paypal for check out. Having never made a under $20 order, I never looked at how the min order is policed.

Well... it seems paypal has no provision to set a min order,, so to ensure customers do so he has a nice big notice on his page (which FAILED to read :giveup: )
And paypal does allow him to set shipping surcharges for any amount..

I ordered 2 mini Panasonic relays and receptacles.. on my Iphone (small screen) the total came up, i hit pay....and noticed the very reasonable shipping charge of $8.40 , less than I expected .. but hey not complaining.

An hour later I thought,, crud,,, what if that was $84.00 in shipping :eek2:

So I logged on when I got home at my laptop.. Sure enough the shipping charge was not $8.40..... Unfortunately it was not $84.00 either.. It was $840.00 :doh: This was the security blanket he had set up in paypal to keep folks form ordering under $20... no one would pay that outrageous shipping charges ...right?????:-D

I contacted paypal, but because both the sender and receiver are verified business accounts the transaction was instant.
It was 0340 in Japan... no way to get in touch with Jim at Eastern Beaver...
So I sent the HELP email and waited.

Realizing.. If Jim wanted to keep myself approved payment and ship exactly what I requested.... 4 items, $18.00 in parts :-( No BBB, No US Attorney General, no nothing..

At 0630 Japan time I received an email reply.. Where Jim apologized TO ME :clap: for the screwy way he has to set up the paypal checkout... Promised to refund my transfer and if I was so inclined he would be ready to process my correct order.

At 0640 Paypal sent me a notice of full refund :clap:
I made a corrected order above the min purchase amount and Jim sent me confirmation of order in an hour or so.. Then two days later I got a shipment notice.
Today I received my order, very well packaged and protected, sent from Japan, 6 days travel order to receipt.

Once again, Jim and Eastern Beaver have earned my trust and patronage. I have since that first order years ago found two US suppliers of most of the motorcycle electrical connectors I need.. But like paying a bit more at a local shop, just because they deserve it... when I can, I'll continue to order from Eastern Beaver, just because that have earned it.

Last edited:
Jim makes good stuff, first rate. I found out about him when I got the Wee. Glad he treated you so well!

+1 on Eastern Beaver. The $20 minimum is a pain, but the guy is in Japan paying air mail rates.

I get all my electrical supplies from Jim: fuse block, posi-locks, shrink tube, mini relays, etc. I usually order enough for the next 2-3 projects, no problem getting to the minimum. His components are top-quality and his wiring kits fit perfectly.

I had the pleasure of riding with him a few times when I lived in Tokyo, he's a great guy that I'm happy to do business with.

Tom

Back