• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone buy a Honda vfr1200X DCT yet?

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Redfield
I have seen very little about this bike. Curious if anybody has bought one in a dct version and if they like it. After 50,000+ miles of shifting a 1200GS across America, automatic sounds interesting.

I have seen very little about this bike. Curious if anybody has bought one in a dct version and if they like it. After 50,000+ miles of shifting a 1200GS across America, automatic sounds interesting.
...been studying this one [VFR1200X DCT] very closely....I think I'll go there ASAP...!!

I have the push button shifting Yamaha FJR, but I really want to try out that DCT.

Push button shifting in traffic is a godsend.

Yep, I test road Camilo's (CDC) semiautomatic FJR in Mena several years ago. I really liked the paddle shifters.

RB

ST1300

(631.0 pounds)
Engine and transmission
Displacement: 1261.00 ccm (76.95 cubic inches)
Engine type: V4, four-stroke
Power: 118.00 HP (86.1 kW)) @ 8000 RPM
Torque: 117.00 Nm (11.9 kgf-m or 86.3 ft.lbs) @ 6500 RPM
Compression: 10.8:1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

VFR1200X

The V4 engine in the new 2016 VFR1200X has a horsepower rating that comes in at a respectable 129 HP at 7,750 RPM and 93 lb-ft torque at 6,500 RPM.
The VFR1200X curb / wet weight comes in at 611 lbs and 633 lbs for the DCT version.

Bring out an updated ST1300 with DCT option and I bet you have a hot seller. Right now the new FJR stomps on the ST, but Yamaha is hesitant to bring back any push button FJR because of the bashing it took in the press and the resulting lackluster sales. Of course, if they'd done the fueling and throttle right from the factory in 2006/2007 they wouldn't have taken the beating in the press. There's a lot of guys like me who do love our push button shifting, but our bikes are aging. Honda could scoop some folks away from the competition if they were smart. It's the perfect time, they just gotta do it.

Back