• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone suffer from Raynauds? Glove suggestions?

je2000

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/raynaud/

One finger can be white and numb and the rest are nice n toasty. I've made it a goal this winter to find some appropriate gloves. The gloves I have are adequate for 9/10 fingers. I'm thinking that I'll have to go the heated route.

Luckily I have zero issues with any other extremity, always just my one finger on the one hand. It's kind of ridiculous. One finger will go completely white and numb. After getting back to warmth it will turn bright red and feel like I'm dipping it into boiling water.

It's totally lame. Anyone else have this happen?

Electric and silk glove liners. Even that occasionally (think January pie run to Hico) leaves my pinkie in paid.

Heated grips are a great help but heated gloves are best.

My wife loves her electric glove liners with over gloves. More even heat...

Definitely understand. I lose my right hand fingers and two on the left, as well as assorted toes. I use Fly Switch MX gloves and heated grips. That mostly solves the problem. Sort of. I'd probably go with heated gloves if I could afford the power overhead but I don't have a lot of extra juice with Q. Hope you find something that works well for you!

Windchill is exponential and insidious, the effect of temperature, speed and duration. Sooner or later windchill will penetrate layers of insulation and overtakes the body's own radiant heat. A heat source like electrics is the only solution. I can't imagine how this is exacerbated by Raynaud's. I can build gloves that are substantially warmer than what's on the market - as long as sensitivity in the fingers is not lost you can turn them down if they get too warm.

Windchill is exponential and insidious, the effect of temperature, speed and duration. Sooner or later windchill will penetrate layers of insulation and overtakes the body's own radiant heat. A heat source like electrics is the only solution. I can't imagine how this is exacerbated by Raynaud's. I can build gloves that are substantially warmer than what's on the market - as long as sensitivity in the fingers is not lost you can turn them down if they get too warm.

Je2000 Ken is your best bet,he can add heat to a finger or two while off the shelf gloves you get what you get. Plus he is a TWT member keeping the money in the family.

I've fought with it for years, a bit more severe, both hands and feet. Sometimes the cold aggrevastes it, sometimes it's the raynauds that lets you get cold easier.

Definitely looks for ways to help it with gear, and with having very little weight on your hands. I've found that doing cardio in the off season seems to improve circulation and make it less severe.

Back