• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Point and shoot recommendations

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
Need recommendations for a good point and shoot digital camera.

20+ MP
Going to print in magazine articles so need good color resolution
High ISO capabilities due to using available light
no flash or flash disabled capabilities due light sensitive equipment in shot
flexible lense choices

G7X was on my list. Seems battery life is an issue.
Why is at the top of your list?

Sony RX100 looks nice. Kinda pricey ...

Dang, I thought this was a gun thread..... I had some really good suggestions.....

G7X was on my list. Seems battery life is an issue.
Why is at the top of your list?

Sony RX100 looks nice. Kinda pricey ...

A few reasons, none of which are professional level :mrgreen:

First of all, I should admit that I am team canon all the way, only because my Dad was a canon guy and the controls/menus are familier to me. That being said, I'm fully aware that the features I like about the G7X are avilable on other cameras, I just like the feel of canon.

I like the it shoots in RAW, it allows me to fix minor issues in post. I like that the reviews i've read about the zoom. I've seen sample photos at full zoom (approx. 100mm) and i've been very impressed. I like the flip up screen that allows me to frame shots of me, the bike and the background (yea yea.. selfies.. I know :lol2:). I've also read great things about the auto-focus system, which is important since I don't always have alot of time to fiddle with settings.

I have a low end Leica, which I believe is a re-branded Panasonic Lumix camera. It takes fabulous point and shoot photos as well as having all the appropriate program modes.

A couple of examples:

L1000183_zpsen30fpxj.jpg

L1000198_zpsl5xuywst.jpg

I have really enjoyed my G3x:clap: The G5x has the same sensor, much smaller profile,a really nice viewfinder and is cheaper with a faster lens...just doesn't have the zoom range.

Back