• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rosenberg again...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

TWT,

Took the V7R out this morning. What a lovely day to ride! Just kept on going here and there. At a Valero station near Damon a HD rider grinned and stopped and said "yeah, I thought that was a Guzzi" -- thought that the boys in Mandello had stopped making them. Always fun to have those kind of exchanges among V-twin, air cooled bikers. Lots of bikes on the road today.

Anyway Rosenberg, yet again: a close call with a black SUV crossing 3 lanes of traffic to get to south bound side of 36 from a gas station. Very fortunately I was not moving fast, but the guy was a classic super aggressive, take the road young driver. His SUV was hidden by other even larger jacked up trucks. It is rare I am surprised, but there you go. Intuition helps. These events remind me why I wish I had ABS on the Guzzi, but we were fine this time, once again. :eek2:

Otherwise the usual parade of left turners creeping, a dumped load of mulch on RR tracks, potholes, pedestrians, bicycle riders and an uncovered trailer full of tree trimmings dribbling down another FTM road made the ride challenging.

Saw a lot of bikes out today, it is Spring. I won't give a safety lecture, but if you have not been riding all winter, well uh, focus and review good practice.

Dang the Guzzi is a mellow ride. Spotted some new side of road BBQ stands, seems always too late to stop or they are in a muddy gravel pit location.

Anyway, well, watch out for Rosenberg. It seems to be the most hazardous of all the little towns for some reason. The 36 and 59 intersection is particularly bad, and they have Hwy 90 closed in town going east bound. Like about every other road in this area: under construction.

7:30. Out of the house in Meyerland and on my way to Bryan, then on to La Grange. Took the beltway at 70 with cars passing twenty over. Thought about an earlier TWT post. The RT was flawless, electric. Planned to miss the roadwork on 290, but instead cut it to 25 miles, rather than 50. Cold, but not so cold as the bee lab at A&M where I found myself wearing my crash gear to keep warm.

Too warm at 2 pm. 100 miles back to the farm. Did I mention that the RT was flawless. Rosenberg tomorrow on the way back to fast internet.

Jeremy Clarkson once said, "Ever go for a drive just for the sake of it. Motorcyclist do it all the time and if they can, why can't real people?" Glad not to be a real person today. This weather is what it is all about.

m

7:30. Out of the house in Meyerland and on my way to Bryan, then on to La Grange. Took the beltway at 70 with cars passing twenty over. Thought about an earlier TWT post. The RT was flawless, electric. Planned to miss the roadwork on 290, but instead cut it to 25 miles, rather than 50. Cold, but not so cold as the bee lab at A&M where I found myself wearing my crash gear to keep warm.

Too warm at 2 pm. 100 miles back to the farm. Did I mention that the RT was flawless. Rosenberg tomorrow on the way back to fast internet.

Jeremy Clarkson once said, "Ever go for a drive just for the sake of it. Motorcyclist do it all the time and if they can, why can't real people?" Glad not to be a real person today. This weather is what it is all about.

m

Wow, sounds like you had a great time . Glad to hear the RT is running great. We need to get together soon :rider: :eat: :chug:

Winter?! What winter? Other than that freeze that kill a bunch of trees, it felt like fall never left.

True about the motoring public in general. I try to ride in a manner that maximizes my chance of being seen. To some, it would seem rather aggressive, as I do change lanes often and usually go at speeds that are 10-15 mph faster than the prevailing traffic. Last thing I want to do is stay in one lane and cruise along with the traffic.

Anyhow, not a whole lot of good motorcycling roads on the SW side, but there are a few that are okay... 36 south, FM762, Smithers Lake Rd, etc. I don't ride that way often, but do putt around once in a while.

Yeah my preferred direction is NW, but to get there 36 is one of the best routes, and Rosenberg is in the way.

Got the itch to take the Triple out tomorrow...probably Brenham etc. Bit of cooler weather works for me. Calendar says about 2 months left before, uh, ugh, summer.

Back