• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[FOUND] WTB, small(ish) 110/220V Mig welder

E.Marquez

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Do you have a 100, 125, 180 Amp Mig welder you bought for a project and since left in the corner collecting dust?
How about that entry level welder you bought 3 years ago and since replaced with a nice new Miller 252?

I'm looking for a smallish 110/220v Mig welder for my on the road use.
Tired of dragging a 300lb 250 amp machine around when only need 80, 90, 110 amps.
On the road I don't use shielding gas, only flux core as wind is always an issue when Im working away from home. So either a gas or gas less machine will be considered..

I have a cheap 90amp machine,,,,,, but looking for an upgrade..Figured if you have one collecting dust, why not buy yours rather than a new one. Id rather put a little cash in a members pocket then any in Cyberwelds...

So what do you have? And what do you want for it?
Cash at fair market value for a used tool? Above fair market value in trade for Motorcycle work? Some agreeable combination of both?
Kidney?
Pinkie finger? (All other appendages and attached fleshy items are not for trade)

Really looking for a Miller, Lincoln, Hobart.. but would consider others. Nothing wrong with the cheap Chinese ones, i have one.. but thats just not what Im looking for.:giveup:
Thanks for looking.

Finders fee to be paid if a lead results in a purchase.. Finders fee will be a free mount and balance (you bring the wheel)
6 (Six) 12 oz bottles of an adult beverage for a total cost of no more than $25
$20 cash (to be paid in nickels dimes and Penney's)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WTB, small(ish) 110/220V Mig welder

Little Hobart Flux machine on sale at Tractor Supply right now. Just saw last night

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You're looking for the holy grail of used welders!

Frankly it's hard to beat the Millermatic series & the new price is pretty sweet. I was skeptical about running the auto mode (you can turn it of) but mine (211) makes fantastic welds.

http://store.cyberweld.com/mi190mig...696777653930&gclid=CMm9oNj9vNICFdC4wAodD90HZw

That is a decent medium sized welder, but more then i need for a road welder. I have a Hobart Iron-man 250 MIG for most anything i need to weld, and can even run it from my generator if needed up to about 170 amps.

So what I need is a 125 amp 110v welder
IF I were to buy a new miller it would be something like Millermatic 125 Hobby MIG Welder.
The Miller 190 is over kill in output amps, input amp draw and frankly price.. It would be a waste of funds to buy a welder that overlaps greatly one I already have.
Most times Im welding needs are 3/16" in a single pass... Tack welds and the like..
If I have a job i need to do 1/4" or larger, I'll drag my bigger machine with and do it right.

Im in no hurry, so i'll just keep looking on ebay and craigslist....one will pop up eventually.

Thanks folks

Little Hobart Flux machine on sale at Tractor Supply right now. Just saw last night

Thank you I'll have to run down after work tomorrow and look. Its not showing up in my local ad

I have shopped off and on for one of these for several years and never found a deal on a Miller or Lincoln. People hang onto quality.

I have shopped off and on for one of these for several years and never found a deal on a Miller or Lincoln. People hang onto quality.

Yes, my Holy Grail comment. I actually did get a great deal on my Lincoln 225 TIG that I almost felt bad about. Drove all the way to Alverado, guy was frustrated with his TIG welding (blowing holes in everything he said) and just wanted ride of the machine, a rack plus a gas bottle. Only when I got it home did I see he had the polarity reversed!

Several in the Dallas CL.

In the small machines I see one Millermatic for $10 less than online new and a Lincoln 125 for $50 more than Lowes' new price?

In the small machines I see one Millermatic for $10 less than online new and a Lincoln 125 for $50 more than Lowes' new price?

I know nothing about welders. Sounds like they're trying to maximize the resale price.

Yes, my Holy Grail comment. I actually did get a great deal on my Lincoln 225 TIG that I almost felt bad about. Drove all the way to Alverado, guy was frustrated with his TIG welding (blowing holes in everything he said) and just wanted ride of the machine, a rack plus a gas bottle. Only when I got it home did I see he had the polarity reversed!

Yes, this is what I have been seeing also. At or near new prices. Some beat up badly ones selling for 75% of new price. These just hold their value well.

Edit: when the last oil field layoffs occured I scoured the west Texas CL for a truck and a welder. No deals.

Last edited:

I don't have one for sale or what your budget is but I have a Tweco 141i that so far has been rock solid for a sub $500 machine. Out of the box you can MIG and stick weld. TIG is also an add on option (steels only). I've got all of the options including a spool gun for Aluminum. I just picked up some Argon today so I can play around with Aluminum welding and TIG. I bought this for hobbyist type work. Once I get somewhat proficient with TIG... my next project is going to be to find an old bike to build a street tracker out of.

I have a lincoln sp-100 I've been having for about 25 years never had any problems with it. Used gasless flux core installed mig conversion kit along with some aluminum welding up to .100 thk. no probs. as long as ya use 2 different liners between solid & alum.

Brian;-)

I don't have one for sale or what your budget is but I have a Tweco 141i that so far has been rock solid for a sub $500 machine. Out of the box you can MIG and stick weld. TIG is also an add on option (steels only). I've got all of the options including a spool gun for Aluminum. I just picked up some Argon today so I can play around with Aluminum welding and TIG. I bought this for hobbyist type work. Once I get somewhat proficient with TIG... my next project is going to be to find an old bike to build a street tracker out of.
I've got the 211i and it's a champ

I've had a millermatic 135sp 110 volt for about 13 years used works great. Tweco is a good welder and seem to run cheaper when used.

Thanks all.....
I have a larger MIG, so this was just a field use, 6800 watt generator run flux core machine.

I had a deal set up with a forum member but due to no fault of his, I could not wait a few days and drive 250 miles to complete the deal..
mid fence project my cheap HF 90 amp died a quick death.

Local Hobart 135 amp popped up today and I snapped it up...finished my fence hot wire project and pups are now contained..(until my escape artiest tunnels out)

As noted by all, the entry level flux / gas machines in the 130 amp range are not a common find..but if you don't need it today, deals can be found.

MODs, feel free to lock this one as the deal is done.

Back